Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 07:07 AM
Banned

Default The new TLP was announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym3o2Pcb3lU

There's no... no drop items... I'm probably in the minority who thinks the game would be more interesting if all items were no drop, and multi-questing didn't work.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:18 AM
Sarnak

This shit is going to be BONKERS lmaooo

Aten Ha Ra is level 66. Servitor of Luclin in GE is level 65. Just fucking 90-split servitor for VT loot lmfaooo

Spawn sister of the spire and spiroc lord over and over to complete classic loot goals

Imagine froglok foragers and hunters in TT being considered rare. Increased rare spawn rate AND they can drop any loot? SHEESH

Server first Nagafen finna drop Sky droppables loool

I am 100% at least rolling a toon here to play on Aradune off-nights
Old 04-27-2021, 08:19 AM
Sarnak

Here’s the announcement link

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-mi...on-server-2021
Old 04-27-2021, 08:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graahle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This shit is going to be BONKERS lmaooo

Aten Ha Ra is level 66. Servitor of Luclin in GE is level 65. Just fucking 90-split servitor for VT loot lmfaooo

Spawn sister of the spire and spiroc lord over and over to complete classic loot goals

Imagine froglok foragers and hunters in TT being considered rare. Increased rare spawn rate AND they can drop any loot? SHEESH

Server first Nagafen finna drop Sky droppables loool

I am 100% at least rolling a toon here to play on Aradune off-nights
I'm super excited about the random loot thing... even if it's super rare and doesn't happen frequently..
I kind of wonder if you can get planar gear from high level mobs in Sol B and Guk...
If Ogre guards could randomly drop an FBSS etc. I imagine GEBs becoming super common since everyone levels in Sol B and they could potentially be dropping off of Nox or the Kobold Champion?
Old 04-27-2021, 08:40 AM
Banned

oh my god.. I didn't think about getting a random manastone off of a mob in permafrost..

evil eye is a low level mob. that would be insane.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh my god.. I didn't think about getting a random manastone off of a mob in permafrost..

evil eye is a low level mob. that would be insane.
AND there’s increased rare spawn rate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-27-2021, 09:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graahle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AND there’s increased rare spawn rate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This will be insane, fam. I'm trying to imagine doing Fire Giants and seeing a Cloak of Flames drop, or being in the Plane of Hate and have a PoSKY Haste belt drop... like god dang, this will make the game so much more exciting to play.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This will be insane, fam. I'm trying to imagine doing Fire Giants and seeing a Cloak of Flames drop, or being in the Plane of Hate and have a PoSKY Haste belt drop... like god dang, this will make the game so much more exciting to play.
Picture this shit:

Can you imagine if they didn’t include the “in expansion only” tidbit? Guilds would be 80-splitting Eye of Veeshan (level 70) and seeing potential Time B loot loooooooool.

Infinitely respawning Sister of the Spire (level 65) and literally getting Luclin+ raid loot.

Yeah, this is going to be a refreshing spin on content we’ve done multiple times over.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Picture this shit:

Can you imagine if they didn’t include the “in expansion only” tidbit? Guilds would be 80-splitting Eye of Veeshan (level 70) and seeing potential Time B loot loooooooool.

Infinitely respawning Sister of the Spire (level 65) and literally getting Luclin+ raid loot.

Yeah, this is going to be a refreshing spin on content we’ve done multiple times over.
Agreed, it's worth a peak. Whoever is interested we should set up a little discord channel!
Old 04-27-2021, 09:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
For you maybe.. I just found out about P99 last spring... and have been waiting on a new TLP server for months...

I haven't seen Velious or Kunark in like 20 years... Green wasn't fun to play on because everything is camped and anytime you try to do anything it feels like you're fighting over a parking spot at the grocery store which escalates to the police being called every time. PNP grossly enables toxic players to ruin most of the zones in the game.

And Blue ... is Blue. The only thing that happens on this server is level 60s fighting over the same raid content. 1-59 is dead, and you don't even get to go to the old zones to experience nostalgia. No one levels in Sebilis, Kunark, Howling Stones etc. Everyone is in The Hole. It's like you're just grinding through The Hole as fast as you can get to 60 and fight over raid mobs that you don't even care about. That's the entire server because they don't really represent the nostalgia you're after.

So this TLP is super exciting for me.. I missed green launch... instanced content, and the fact that good loot can drop just about anywhere means that I'll probably get to finally be able to play the game and enjoy it. The P99 experience is very.... one dimensional. You aren't going to join a group in Lower Guk and camp SSOY or FBSS like you did 20 years ago. You're going to grind through CT and Sol B, and then sit around idle waiting for your guild's turn to raid.

I feel like with this TLP that every raid will get a fair shot at raid zones, and most players will be able to find a lucrative camp.
Closed Thread