Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. It's reading comprehension. I'm not invested in it one way or the other. My groups always make it 1 camp regardless through creative shadiness.
Agreed.

Anyone that moves in that is met with hospitality most likely won't take the spot. However if you start spewing nonsense you better believe they are going to dig in deeper.

Pretty simple to follow the number 1 rule : Be Nice

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-13-2017, 07:15 PM
Banned

multiple camps in classic, one camp on p99.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:59 PM
Sarnak

Calm em down, someone about to go zerk!

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 08-13-2017, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a criticism on you, I found level 60 mages farming plat off level 38 giants to be risible, to hear they are now doing the same, but to level 28 goblins in popular xp spots is just a new level of absurdity to me.

Seriously, guys. Form a crew.
+1 for using risible.

This is what happened to JC. He came down, said some sensible stuff, and then we proceeded to rule-lawyer and argue for centuries. God is like /facepalm.
Last edited by fadetree; 08-13-2017 at 09:08 PM..
Old 08-13-2017, 10:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank Tunare you're here, Tupakk. I couldn't understand anything Cylock said because the syntax was so horrible. See, I read it like this:

the info

the question

Rephrased: Is it the case that each room here is a separate camp?

Translation: "No, it is not the case that each room is a separate camp."

Translation: "That entire area is one camp," INAPPROPRIATE COMMA SHOULD BE A FULL STOP

Translation: "back in TRUE classic." INAPPROPRIATE FULL STOP SHOULD BE A COMMA

Translation: "It was formerly one room [per camp], but not on p99" (the word room was used rather than area)

Conclusion: On p99, the entire area is one camp. In classic live era, it used to be several camps, divided by room.

If I corrected Cylock's punctuation, it would look like this:

Cylock tells you, 'no, that entire area is one camp. Back in TRUE classic, yea it was one room ... but not on p99'"
This was exactly what I was expressing by posting the post in the first place. Camp has been ruled as 1 area. This is what I was stating and yet Tupakk seems to be arguing against that factor. As you can read in my other response, my interpretation of what should have been said if it was considered different camps.

From earlier post:
Read the entire context and not just how you would like it to be because the original question posed to Cylock is if the area should be each room is a camp.. if it was .. I would have expected more of a response .. yes this is correct.. 1 room to a person / group.

So I hope this arguing over what i meant by my starting post can finally be ended... I am of the fact Cylock is saying it is one camp. I can easily see how it could be broken apart. If Tupakk has been arguing point of one camp then somehow he has been missing the fact I was stating the same as that is how I have been stating the information provided by GM Cylock reads.

The total point of the post was to hopefully put an end to invaders by having a public reference, because of a recent issue with another player wanting to just barge in. He wouldn't take my word about what Cylock had stated, so I wanted to put it up here for all to see and thus not be like the player's response, I don't care what you have in chat log, I can't see that. So now its here, it is on view, it can be referenced. I can see how its going to have its good side and its bad, but it is what it is. Any player that has come by and xp'ed while i was there is quite aware of my ability to share the area, but those that are disrespectful will be told to go eat mud. -- CASE CLOSED!
Old 08-13-2017, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was exactly what I was expressing by posting the post in the first place. Camp has been ruled as 1 area. This is what I was stating and yet Tupakk seems to be arguing against that factor. As you can read in my other response, my interpretation of what should have been said if it was considered different camps.

From earlier post:
Read the entire context and not just how you would like it to be because the original question posed to Cylock is if the area should be each room is a camp.. if it was .. I would have expected more of a response .. yes this is correct.. 1 room to a person / group.

So I hope this arguing over what i meant by my starting post can finally be ended... I am of the fact Cylock is saying it is one camp. I can easily see how it could be broken apart. If Tupakk has been arguing point of one camp then somehow he has been missing the fact I was stating the same as that is how I have been stating the information provided by GM Cylock reads.

The total point of the post was to hopefully put an end to invaders by having a public reference, because of a recent issue with another player wanting to just barge in. He wouldn't take my word about what Cylock had stated, so I wanted to put it up here for all to see and thus not be like the player's response, I don't care what you have in chat log, I can't see that. So now its here, it is on view, it can be referenced. I can see how its going to have its good side and its bad, but it is what it is. Any player that has come by and xp'ed while i was there is quite aware of my ability to share the area, but those that are disrespectful will be told to go eat mud. -- CASE CLOSED!
Don't pick just me out of the group. It's a tie right now for wording 3v3.

Maybe you should get Cylock in here to actually say what he means and not what you think he thought he meant.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Banned

who wants to bet on cylocks meaning?

seriously bet me a good item so i get to have it and you get to be wrong
Old 08-13-2017, 11:36 PM
Kobold

It was four camps in classic. LR, GR, WR, and RR (lookout room, guard room, warrior room, raider room).

What the rule here is probably changes by the minute as the guide frantically tries to figure out how to get rid of the petition while saying nothing that could be construed as an actual precedent setting judgement.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:47 AM
Banned

cyclock just shaking his ogre head at this page of nerds squabbling over their right to genocide the last spawns of Ankexfen
Old 08-14-2017, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

First thing this kid does when the server comes back up. Also noted I have made troll status according what he said that Cylock said. /me cheers

Closed Thread