Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-23-2023, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
double HT charm pet in howling stones... clearing whole north wing with a duo in less than 20 minutes. feelsgood.jpg. wouldnt be able to duo it that fast with a cleric.

but hey what do we know? OP says Necro is bad class
Doing it wrong in north. West double necro is where the real xp is. Can pull the ledge with harmshield while the other necro roots em and blow through mobs like crazy. You also get a fast refresh chloro clicky which is really nice.
Old 08-23-2023, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't recall disagreeing with anything from that thread other than the parsing was pointless. I support the statement that necros are ok in groups.
Ah gotcha, I misread the whole post as being sarcastic due to the comment about Troxx. Apologies for assuming this was going to be a heated 40 page dispute.
Old 08-23-2023, 08:59 PM
Banned

I like how all actual new players would have no idea what anyone here is talking about
Old 08-23-2023, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2023, 09:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like how all actual new players would have no idea what anyone here is talking about
Good. That means they are still enjoying the game like it was meant to be enjoyed.
Old 08-23-2023, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-23-2023, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good. That means they are still enjoying the game like it was meant to be enjoyed.
Puzzles are always meant to be solved, games beaten, and worlds explored. That is where much of the enjoyment comes from.
Old 08-23-2023, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol one day maybe, sir. I like the gif

Until then I’m just a high level scrub who still doesn’t know some of the acronyms being used because I’m bad

But even though these servers are pretty top-heavy, I would say it’s still a safe bet to say the majority of players who have accounts on P99 will never reach max level, will never raid, and won’t even play consistently for any significant length of time. Because the game has always been here and hopefully always will, they’ll have periods where they’re into it playing casually a few days a week….and then maybe they’ll quit for months or even years at a time

But this is just a guess based on my limited exposure to the type of player I see in the non-high end zones. A lotta unguilded scrubs like me fumbling around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So while the “how to have the absolute strongest and most in demand character going into level 60 high ticket item, high end raid groups” guides are definitely useful, it’s probably for a very niche section of the playerbase
Old 08-24-2023, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleric heals are overdoing it when it comes to a lot of content thanks to slows and twinks in Velious gear. For harder content, yeah, but that's not what this thread has become about.
where clerics shine is efficiency and they got that beat all the way to 60 ahead of everyone else with the right spells and buffs
Old 08-24-2023, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Fact is there is a lot we have learned in the last 20 years. P99 changed the game for me by allowing multiple accounts for free. My live account had two mains and a spattering of lowbies I didn’t want to delete out of fear I might play them someday.

This time around at least I’m less likely to dig-in and hate on a class. I have spent enough time playing each at a high level and have raided many bots.

So a warning to new players? Meh. On an efficiency scale if you love a Druid and raid a lot just be inclined to occasionally log in another class. That’s often one auditing point most casual guilds face…a dozen druids in ToV is a bit much. Unlike some Kunark hits that nukes land. Not that it matters anyways. Our ISP’s and computers can handle more players than on live. It’s still better someone be involved and happy than not show up.

It’s a solid B group class and A soloer though. If you don’t raid I expect you won’t even notice this.
Last edited by Snaggles; 08-24-2023 at 09:39 AM..