Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 11-06-2023, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

It's true. Even if they enforced it not being an MQ you will spend more time camping it than you would just farming up a few thousand plat to buy it. Shit, you can make 4-5k plat in one day of serious porting if you have a DAP.

People also forget that if you made this not MQable, it's not like the camp is just going to be magically available to you at all times. Instead of the usual farmers, it will just be super long lists of people camping for their alts. it will still be just as difficult to get the camp.
Old 11-06-2023, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's true. Even if they enforced it not being an MQ you will spend more time camping it than you would just farming up a few thousand plat to buy it. Shit, you can make 4-5k plat in one day of serious porting if you have a DAP.

People also forget that if you made this not MQable, it's not like the camp is just going to be magically available to you at all times. Instead of the usual farmers, it will just be super long lists of people camping for their alts. it will still be just as difficult to get the camp.
Agreed. Being able to MQ JBoots is very nice. A lot of people don't have the option to camp their character in a 15 person line. It's just not viable. I happened to get a Stormfeather spawn once because everybody in line was AFK, and a quake happened. But you can't really plan for that as a normal case if you want to skip the line.

The problem with the JBoots quest is it's just too bottlenecked. If the quest had you camp a few different items across the world that had equal drop rates, then individual camps could potentially become less crowded. They aren't going to do that though since this server doesn't do custom content like that.
Old 11-06-2023, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with the JBoots quest is it's just too bottlenecked.
You say this but I swear it has taken me longer to get the stupid shadowed rapier to drop than the damn AC ring multiple times in my many years of farming the quest.
Old 11-07-2023, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You say this but I swear it has taken me longer to get the stupid shadowed rapier to drop than the damn AC ring multiple times in my many years of farming the quest.
Lol I have had some long wait times on rapiers myself. Luckily Shadowmen aren't normally camped due to them being undercons. With the help of a druid or wizard you can just jump around to all the different camps and kill them while waiting for respawns in another zone. That usually speeds up the process.
Old 11-13-2023, 09:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOlEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Asking to be able to do a quest isn't complaining. Imagine if you couldn't do your epic quest because people were farming it for MQ and you had to pay whatever they wanted. It exploitation plain and simple. Also, jboots MQ has always been 5k as long as I can remember so don't give me that free market will drive the price down crap.
Maybe you should make a change.org petition to get Rog to change a 24 year old pixel quest
Old 11-21-2023, 02:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOlEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we all would be better off if the jboots quest was changed so it only required the ring from the ancient cyclops and thus could not be multiquested. This ring is now exclusively farmed by people who just want to sell the MQ and nobody who is actually trying to do the quest can anymore.
Which outcome do you think would be best?
Old 11-27-2023, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Asking to be able to do a quest isn't complaining. Imagine if you couldn't do your epic quest because people were farming it for MQ and you had to pay whatever they wanted. It exploitation plain and simple. Also, jboots MQ has always been 5k as long as I can remember so don't give me that free market will drive the price down crap.
Who's gonna give him the bad news about some epics...
Old 11-27-2023, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Also, jboots MQ has always been 5k as long as I can remember so don't give me that free market will drive the price down crap.
The price has dropped considerably over the years. It used to fetch almost double the current amount, back when the ac/ph spawn was at the bottom of the dune across from de merchants.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=138247

Quote:
Old 02-05-2014, 10:00 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Jboots MQ
WTS Jboots MQ this afternoon. Taking offers or sold immediately at 10k.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=203811

Quote:
Old 07-27-2015, 07:27 AM
Kobold

Default Jboots MQ 8k
Selling Jboots MQ 8k (includes gold, rapier, and ports)

Ingame name is Getsaround, feel free to msg me in game or PM me.

Thanks
Old 11-27-2023, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

The other thing on the "always 5k" comment, is that's what these people try to ask for. It doesn't mean you have to pay that. The last two sets of JBoots I purchased were I think like 4k and then maybe 4.3k? Don't just accept the 5k, try to negotiate it down. Most sellers will take less, especially on something like J Boots where so many alts already have them.
Old 11-28-2023, 12:35 AM
Sarnak

I think it's absolutely lame that Epics are routinely sold off instead of the character actually experiencing the questline itself - but JBoots at 4k is way more convenient than actually camping AC and Rapier. Coming from someone who has farmed it for himself and farmed the plat for the MQ.