Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-07-2023, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

I haven't regretted Chardok faction on any of my characters, although the enchanter can get the most use out of it.
Old 12-07-2023, 08:05 PM
Aviak

Being an Iksar and being welcome in Rivervale.
Old 12-08-2023, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

As an Erudite Cleric, who's also potbound:

Boon: Cabilis faction is amazing. Nothing like beating everyone else to a target in Kunark because you can start from Cabilis instead of a port-in.

Going so far as to be indifferent so I can shop: A lot of Iksar sell 'useless' research and cultural items so you can find some good stuff vendor mining. You can also buy Maneater Plant Salve. Apprehensive's ok at 134+ CHA, but I went to indifferent.

Runners up: Neriak faction (very convenient to bank, being that "The Dead" are apprehensive to a Quellious worshipper for some reason). You also get some vendors in South Ro, although you can really visit Rathmana, whose shop is safer and he sells food and water and drinks and some reagent gems.

You can generally skip Oggok (just invis out to Fear Portal) and Grobb (you don't even need invis if you know where the line is to avoid guard aggro on the way to Guk).

Bust: I've wasted a lot of time trying to faction up with Brood of Kotiz to no avail. They're avoidable (only 2 mobs in East Cabilis, and avoidable in West Cabilis). Yes I lose some vendors.
Old 12-08-2023, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neriak faction is a big winner. Many great dungeons, (mana free) wiz port, dru port, EC, shadowed rapiers all nearby. Plus not getting ganked by the dark elf camp in l fay and nice vendors in sro.
The dark elves in that camp are on the Cleric and Warrior guild factions, not the Guard factions. I'm tolerated in Neriak (apprehensive DreadguardOuter / dubious DreadguardInner) and unwelcome in 3rd Gate (hunted the Clerics for sport) and Indigo Brotherhood is KOS (too many quests helping their enemies) and the entire camp will aggro me.
Old 12-08-2023, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Cleric is super easy to raise. Stand above freeport dark elf cleric, /target her, say the line through the ground. Invis to cleric guild, open trade window round the corner (accounting for pathers) and invis hand in.

Its like 200/run.

Iirc indigo is fixed by having a fresh alt hand in sword, pull somewhere safe to loot and again invis hand in.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-09-2023, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As an Erudite Cleric, who's also potbound:

Boon: Cabilis faction is amazing. Nothing like beating everyone else to a target in Kunark because you can start from Cabilis instead of a port-in.

Going so far as to be indifferent so I can shop: A lot of Iksar sell 'useless' research and cultural items so you can find some good stuff vendor mining. You can also buy Maneater Plant Salve. Apprehensive's ok at 134+ CHA, but I went to indifferent.

Runners up: Neriak faction (very convenient to bank, being that "The Dead" are apprehensive to a Quellious worshipper for some reason). You also get some vendors in South Ro, although you can really visit Rathmana, whose shop is safer and he sells food and water and drinks and some reagent gems.

You can generally skip Oggok (just invis out to Fear Portal) and Grobb (you don't even need invis if you know where the line is to avoid guard aggro on the way to Guk).

Bust: I've wasted a lot of time trying to faction up with Brood of Kotiz to no avail. They're avoidable (only 2 mobs in East Cabilis, and avoidable in West Cabilis). Yes I lose some vendors.
For the necros - kill the exiles in the caves in loio/ww. You can run the loop and agro like 20 and then pbae 'em down. Only took me a few hours to max it.

The tunnel system on the right in this map:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Mcoy
Old 12-09-2023, 05:39 PM
Aviak

It's fun to run around in qeynos as a de shadowknight for sure. you will get weird looks from the paladins though
Old 12-11-2023, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The dark elves in that camp are on the Cleric and Warrior guild factions, not the Guard factions. I'm tolerated in Neriak (apprehensive DreadguardOuter / dubious DreadguardInner) and unwelcome in 3rd Gate (hunted the Clerics for sport) and Indigo Brotherhood is KOS (too many quests helping their enemies) and the entire camp will aggro me.
Brother Benanov good to see you again
Old 02-02-2024, 08:52 AM
Kobold

most fun/pleased with was Kerra Isle .. no minmax benefits whatsoever but i reallt enjoyed doing all their kitty missions and hanging out there

QeynosCitizen and the Freeport mages guild, respectively, were each the final faction to become able to openly walk around the city as a dark elf, and so were extra satisfying.

Deepwater Knights was fun purely for the thrill of doing many quest turn ins to one of two paladin GMs who both want me dead.

Craknek Warriors were a special challenge since i couldnt find a way to raise theirs that doesnt involve lowering other prominent factions. i got them to accept me but its a close call with the dwarves now. (dubious all around)

i dont regret raising any factions that ive done, although im sure id regret my idea of getting non kos with all the monster factions (runnyeye, blackburrow, karana bandits, etc).

indigo brotherhood gets an honorable mention for being completely overrated. i traded their favor in as a young dark elf by killing crushbone orcs, and theres exactly one (1) place where that ever mattered, which is the teir dal camp on the way to castle mistmoore which has 2/3 dragoons on warrior faction. then theres Dorn BDynn, and the two ambassadors in crushbone and oggok. thats everyone who doesnt spend their whole lives in the IB castle basement. im max kos to them and it makes no difference anywhere in neriak or nektulos, unless i decide to go visit them in their basement.
Last edited by Tnair; 02-02-2024 at 08:54 AM..
Old 02-25-2024, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleric is super easy to raise. Stand above freeport dark elf cleric, /target her, say the line through the ground. Invis to cleric guild, open trade window round the corner (accounting for pathers) and invis hand in.

Its like 200/run.

Iirc indigo is fixed by having a fresh alt hand in sword, pull somewhere safe to loot and again invis hand in.
What quest are you referring to here?