Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChoo Train [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Half elf bard can never wear a PD robe so that’s like yea no. Human bard is much sexier.
Human nothing for me. I'm a Human every day in real life. Why would I want to be one in a fantasy game that I play to escape reality?
Old 05-29-2020, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Its fine he can still get a guardian robe, equip 2 cups, an erudite mask, then go to tunnel and offer group clarity, cast his group manasong one time to apply buff, leave party and very quickly run off before 18 seconds is up and everyone is confused.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:36 PM
Kobold

Water elemental illusion is even better for that trick lol
Old 05-29-2020, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

Hey, if you're bringing me into a party as a Bard, you're keeping me. You're not just gonna use me as a portable mana battery and then throw me away.

Hybrids can't be that trodden upon in green, the experience penalty can't bug people that much.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Blue is easier since you can way more easily twink a character out. If you want harder, more people, and more traditional leveling up, then Green. I prefer Green as I like a challenge.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 45 Ranger on Blue, slowly working on a Bard and trying out a Shadowknight as well, but I see that there's more people on Green.

Would it be worth my time to play on Green instead of Blue and just start over?
Depends. I wouldn’t say the Green is really “fresh” anymore. Many people have multiple chars, there’s a lot of max level chars, twinks exist (to the extent thinking is possible in pre-Kunark), and there’s tons of play already in circulation so the economy is starting to get inflated faster than you would think.

The EXP penalties can be sizable for multiple classes so I would take that into consideration if it’s important to you. The original legacy items are no longer dropping. I guess most of the lower level old world zones are crowded which is nice, so that’s a plus versus Blue.

In a few months Kunark comes out and IMO once the expansions start coming out I don’t think it’s significantly different from Blue.

I still play on Green since I started at launch, but if I were to start now I would probably go Blue.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, if you're bringing me into a party as a Bard, you're keeping me. You're not just gonna use me as a portable mana battery and then throw me away.

Hybrids can't be that trodden upon in green, the experience penalty can't bug people that much.
Have you not played on Green? They definitely are. Obviously since SK and Pally are great tanks you basically have to have one in your group unless you can find a Warrior. But that leads a lot of groups not to want many more people in the group if they don’t need them, much less another hybrid.

And if there’s a duo or trio that’s getting along just fine without a hybrid good luck getting them to let you join as a hybrid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue is easier since you can way more easily twink a character out. If you want harder, more people, and more traditional leveling up, then Green. I prefer Green as I like a challenge.
People say this but it hasn’t been my experience. It was certainly fun starting from scratch, but I haven’t noticed any difference in group success or ease vs Blue. Groups I was in were chain pulling yellows and reds from pre-level 10 on. The only reason leveling on Green is “harder” is basically because there’s no mana regen until level 29 so the downtime for medding is increased.
Last edited by cd288; 05-29-2020 at 08:34 PM..
Old 05-30-2020, 02:40 AM
Fire Giant

Green is definitely harder. The fight for mobs and camps is night and day compared to Blue. Plus, god tier fungi twinks are hanging out on every street corner on the Blue server making every healer and spell caster completely superfluous.

They’re very different. Sure people pull yellows and reds for full groups on Green. But people solo yellows and reds on Blue. It’s not really comparable.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 05-30-2020, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

keep your SK /ranger on blue, and make a bard over on green.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green is definitely harder. The fight for mobs and camps is night and day compared to Blue. Plus, god tier fungi twinks are hanging out on every street corner on the Blue server making every healer and spell caster completely superfluous.

They’re very different. Sure people pull yellows and reds for full groups on Green. But people solo yellows and reds on Blue. It’s not really comparable.
Haven’t noticed any difference grouping. On both Blue and Green we chain pull yellows and reds (in addition to blues of course) nonstop. There’s no difference in the experience (not meaning exp points) that you’ll have groupwise.

Soloing, sure there might be a couple more classes on Blue that you’ll see soloing a yellow than on Green because of the expansion gear being so much better so twinks are a lot more effective. But some of those classes can still solo yellows on Green. And do you know when that difference goes away? In like 3-4 months when Kunark drops and people start farming fungis and other great gear.

So basically we’re left with “if you play Green you’ll see a lower number of classes soloing yellows because pre-Kunark they’re not able to twink themselves such that they can do so. And that ends in a few months.”

I’m enjoying playing on Green, but as I said I don’t think you’re getting any significant experience at this stage on Green then you will on Blue and certainly not once Kunark comes out.
Closed Thread