Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Depending on your finances, tink bags or beads.

Beads because it simply nice to have them on a necro and it's a solid investment - hard to imagine a price crash on this item.

Tink bags because it's a true QoL improvement once you get to HS and Seb.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:34 AM
Sarnak

Carrying a couple of stalking probes is useful and cheap to recharge. It's nice if you want to pull some stuff in Kael and getting through the doors in HS.

A lot of people crap on the epic, but I think it's nice and a great clicky for splitting pulls.

SS or Thurg Bracer/Robe/Legs/Boots are some handy clickies to have. Robe, especially if you frequently do Sky. It sucks medding to summon 20 some odd corpses if you're the only necro at the raid.

Bracer of the Hidden can be a handy junk buff to put on a charmed pet when fighting dispelling mobs. You need to screaming terror first, then charm to make sure the top buff slot is open on the mob.

Zheart is nice. It's better at lower levels, but still nice at 60 if you're doing a lot of battery work.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:20 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Elder Beads - I personally love having these but they’re obviously extremely expensive these days. If I hadn’t looted mine I’m not sure I could see myself valuing them at 400k. They were very nice to have while exp’ing w/o a pet but at 60 I mainly use them to shissarstick heal myself after rezzes / on raids where it’s safe to summon the eye. And to OT hammer.
Having never owned/used Beads before, when you summon the eye are you able to attack it? Is that how you can get life back with Beads + Shissar stick?
Old 10-16-2018, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyqo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having never owned/used Beads before, when you summon the eye are you able to attack it? Is that how you can get life back with Beads + Shissar stick?
Yes. Can OT-hammer off of it too
Old 10-16-2018, 03:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Bonkers.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyqo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bonkers.
Remember that eye counts as a pet, so you'll never be able to summon eye if you already have a pet up. That's why it's mostly useful when root rotting (and charming between pulls) and for when you've just been rezzed.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that staff is really nice.

I think I held off on it because I thought I'd be doing a lot more root rotting and charming at my level. However, I still believe it's a must have item.
Is a mana free, must equip two hander really all that good? I've thought about purchasing it or camping the staff, but I'm really not sure if the utility is all that great.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyb0y [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is a mana free, must equip two hander really all that good? I've thought about purchasing it or camping the staff, but I'm really not sure if the utility is all that great.
Yeah, I dunno either.

Fear is also fairly cheap to cast, and you only cast it once per fight usually, so it's not a huge benefit. I dunno maybe it all adds up.

It saves you 1000 mana every ten fights. Certainly doesn't hurt.

However, at this level, I'm root rotting and charming way more than fear kiting.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:31 AM
Fire Giant

I have always desired clickies almost above all else on my necro and have never bothered getting this staff. Mind you it's a lot cheaper these days (used to be like 25-30k not THAT long ago) so I might eventually spring for it just for the sake of completion. Having said that I've not been unhappy that I needed to allocate a spell gem for Fear. Especially since getting epic which freed up a slot anyway. And the mana is of zero consequence at level 60 in my experience.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:37 AM
Sarnak

That staff is an ok twink item when you can click it. 34 I think? But later down the road, the mana you lose from swapping to it, vs what you'd get from sitting during the tick makes it relatively useless. Plus fear kiting stops being a preferred killing method outside of Skyshrine and DN in mid to late 50s.
Closed Thread