Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your post wasn't offensive.

It was also offensive.

You see, the rules are made up as we go. We abide by them when they are the most convenient.

When our opponents call us out, we say that truth is merely subjective and a human construct.

Nothing is true.

Everything is true.

Welcome to Post-modernism.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2018, 10:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a young woman is too poor to afford certain hygiene products, so she misses school when she has her period, and her teacher asks something like "if we got you some free hygiene products would you be able to come to school more often?", that's not sexist.

Or if an NGO conducts a legitimate study of poor young women to see what effect their access (or lack thereof) to hygiene products has on their school attendance rate, that's not also sexist.

But when you go up to a group of young women you don't know and ask "so are you girls going to miss school tomorrow because of your periods?" that is sexist ... even if you were genuinely just curious about whether their differences from you will result in them missing school.

Context matters, and it especially matters when questioning people about their identity and asking them to represent an entire group.
holy shit THAT's what you think is sexism?

YIKES
Old 10-15-2018, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For sure. I still love games and stuff, but I chalk not being able to play games mostly due to being an adult with too much going on. Megaman11 is just sitting there and I don’t have time to play it =(
This is the only acceptable response in this stale-bait of a thread.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
holy shit THAT's what you think is sexism?

YIKES
And you offer no frame of reference of yourself in order to facilitate a conversation. You've just ridiculed to demean without context which doesn't generate affable conversation. Why are you so weak?

Katrik is the strongest poster in this thread.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you offer no frame of reference of yourself in order to facilitate a conversation. You've just ridiculed to demean without context which doesn't generate affable conversation. Why are you so weak?

Katrik is the strongest poster in this thread.
you of all people dont want to hear what my opinion is.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't be shy. Weaklings are shy.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
i dont afraid of no ghost. take off your hood.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is ironic coming from you, but I guess at least you are switching your style up.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:06 AM
Banned

The only games I like anymore really are the ones I can enslave and purge entire populations and use those slaves to build planet killing death machines which turn the entire galaxy into a barren wasteland.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only games I like anymore really are the ones I can enslave and purge entire populations and use those slaves to build planet killing death machines which turn the entire galaxy into a barren wasteland.
You can find those here:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread