Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Aviak

the first couple of times I got string not found errors. but it usually happens within the first 5 minutes of me logging in.
I've only started having this issue recently starting just a few days ago. I haven't died yet because of it but I can feel it coming.
This is happening on 2 different computers. Don't know what's going on.
It has not happened while I used EQLite though.

Check out FatMagic's EQLite. It'll cut your P99 install down to 1.4gb
Old 09-07-2010, 06:23 AM
Large Bat

Default me to

keep crashing normally close to starting to play between 1 and 3 times then it stops untill the next day i sign on any ideas?
Old 09-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Alright.... so the crashing issues have gotten bad enough that I'm considering just giving up and retiring my bard. I have crashed on 5 out of the last 6 attempts to kite, and I've lost about a third of a hell level's exp =/

Does ANYONE have any advice to stop these random crashes?

I am on windows 7 64bit, with a core2duo processor and a first-generation 8800 GTS.

I've tried running in fullscreen, windows, using WinEQ 2.15, forcing 1 core by several means, and no matter what I try, the client just randomly shuts down, almost exclusively during combat, but sometimes when I'm switching equipment or interacting with a merchant.

It's pretty frustrating that I have gotten negative exp for the last few days because of this issue... I doubt I will keep playing if I'm unable to play my bard, because charm/aoe kiting is one of the things I most enjoyed about classic eq. Help!!
Old 09-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've tried running in fullscreen, windows, using WinEQ 2.15, forcing 1 core by several means, and no matter what I try, the client just randomly shuts down, almost exclusively during combat, but sometimes when I'm switching equipment or interacting with a merchant.
The problem was happening to me almost (but not quite) exclusively in large zones (SK and OOT). I was able to greatly reduce the frequency of the problem by logging another toon in, logging them out, and then logging in the character i wanted to play. This hasn't eliminated the problem altogether but since I started doing this I haven't crashed all in OOT or the Karanas.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Aviak

I've been having the same issue since the last patch. I was in MM this morning for about two hours, and it happened three times. Pretty pointless trying to play, they need to figure out wtf is going on, or I'd guess a lot of people are going to bail.

Sniffles
Old 09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

@ Torin stormchaser, i've had that same problem..simply lower your FPS to 30-40. that fixed my problem when the game was autocrashing.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Sarnak

Lowering FPS to 45 has helped (so far). Haven't played extensively since making that change, though.

One issue with lower FPS is that turning your character left and right using the movement keys takes a LOT longer. This is a pretty big deal for bard kiting. However, I'll take fewer crashes over faster turning any day.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Kobold

Ive noticed a sharp spike in these crashes since the most recent patch (oddly enough, the patch notes list "Crash Fixes"?). It has always been a minor issue, but has spiked to where I cant play for more than an hour or 2 before it happens. Frame rate lowered to 50, tried the single core fix, and everything else suggested in earlier posts. Next step Ill nix the sound and reduce frame rate even further.

System:
i7 920 at stock speeds
nVidia 460x2 (in SLI)
Windows 7 Ultimate
6 gigs of RAM (3x2GB) in triple channel DDR
Old 09-18-2010, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
System:
i7 920 at stock speeds
nVidia 460x2 (in SLI)
Windows 7 Ultimate
6 gigs of RAM (3x2GB) in triple channel DDR
My system is on par with yours and I am still experiencing this stupid bug.

Never happened on live either. Weird weird shit
Old 09-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Kobold

Well, tried reducing frame rate further to 35 fps an turned off sound - crashed within 30 minutes of logging on.

I know the devs are really busy, but I hope that they have an idea about what is causing this, and that they are working on it. To be honest, its had taken EQ from everything that I could wish for to a very frustrating experience.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]