Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 02:11 AM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

13 pages about the ninja looted fang!

Just wait 2 weeks or so and Lguk will be crowded, full of grief and despair.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:19 AM
Sarnak

Why isn't this moved to rnf? Isn't publicly shaming someone the definition of a flame? Can we get a janitor to the green section in general please?

From the looks of it, it's some rando who came back to eq for green and didn't realize how severely serious business every little thing in p99 had become

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3
Cool nice attitude. And when they leave, the rest of us who stay will get to openly discuss what staff or player action drove them away. I hope
Old 11-01-2019, 04:55 AM
Sarnak

This behavior is actually pathetic, and I’m not talking about the dumb bard. Someone ticks you off in-game? Over a freaking Gnoll fang? Move on, social popo. How many crappy people do you interact with everyday and what do you ever actually by carrying the negativity forward? Complain to your group of friends, not a public forum.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:47 AM
Kobold

Is noone gonna address this glaring issue from OPs post:

- Their group killed a gnoll (during which one team member died) in Black Burrow. The gnoll had a fang.
- The dead member's turn it was, for fang loot.
- The group waited for the dead chap to leg it and loot it.

Can someone tell me how feasible it is to run as a low level (dodge mobs etc), zone twice AND get to a corpse to loot a fang all within 5 mins or so?

I think the OP's group itself didn't think it through.

I am amused that Blue had such clowns they had to rule lawyer up ninja looting. Which hilariously, seems to be applied to lowbie items also in this thread.

If your group/raid could not get who loots what sorted out in a few minutes, you got bigger issues than the loot, really.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:51 AM
Planar Protector

For equity of name and shame, what is OP's toon name?
Old 11-01-2019, 06:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much this. I've seen that situation in the past on blue. Group grinding away on HK gobs, doing alpha for loot turns for ears. Tank/puller is letting corpses build up on his turn so he can keep his rotation/timing on the pulls going then comes to loot a bunch to get his ear.

Some shitty rogue comes up and starts looting our gobs. We all start giving him a ton of shit in /say and his excuse was "they were rotting". No one would call that dude in the right, corpse timer or not. At the very least anyone would agree he should ASK FIRST.

OP story is an even more small-time version of mine but the point is there should be a standard of behavior we expect as a community or else we'd all suffer on the other end someday. Most of the rules revolve around those player communal expectations, and if there was zero effort by staff to enforce anything then P99 wouldn't have lasted this long.
I don't understand. Others during their turn were looting mobs as they died. Tank / puller on his turn lets them pile up for timer?

Is this for spawn timer for each goblin?
Old 11-01-2019, 07:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For equity of name and shame, what is OP's toon name?
I'll try to get it from Normal if he ever logs in again. Wouldn't blame him if he didn't

Could you imagine? if you were walking around blackburrow for the one of the first times ever, you just learned about the fang quest, you form a habit of checking all the corpses. You spot one as you're passing by, and go "oh neat a fang!" loot and it and 'go on your merry way.'
`
Next thing you know there's someone lecturing you in tells: you respond calmly but it's a no drop item worth ~2% of level 8 and it drops all the time. What can you do?
Your guild kicks you
A gm contacts you and suspends you
You go on the forums and there's a 14 page thread of people calling you an idiot and arguing about your actions

Welcome to green. And no I don't know what happened or if he is suspended. Normal has not spoken or revealed himself yet. All we have is this thread and Llandris' cryptic warnings.
Last edited by Magikarp; 11-01-2019 at 07:37 AM..
Old 11-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Banned

Lol wow...14 page thread over a gnoll fang.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol wow...14 page thread over a gnoll fang.
Consider Blue today!
Old 11-01-2019, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

Publicly "shaming" someone over a gnoll fang... OP is an incredible loser
Closed Thread