Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Server Select and Characters missing....

Having a bit of a weird issue all of a sudden. I logged into EQ earlier today, just fine, I logged out shortly after as I was only checking on something. I later tried to log in again but this time I was disconnected during the log in process. Since then I haven't been able to access the server select screen. It gets there, but no servers are displayed. I can use the Quick Connect button from the login screen, but when I get to the character select screen, all of my characters are missing. Really appreciate any help.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Fire Giant

Have you restarted?
Old 03-16-2011, 01:14 AM
Orc

Same thing is happening to me. Occasionally, I'll see server list but after attempting to log in i will get "an unknown error." Other times I only see a blank server select screen or get a time out error.

I actually made it to char select once but froze after pressing enter world.

Started about half an hour ago, I tried the ip reconfig/renew, with no apparent differences, as well as multiple restarts. If anyone has any other ideas I'd love to try them.

Thank you
Old 03-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Fire Giant

looks like its a server side issue. Happening to a bunch of people there is a 3 page thread in General Forum.

I just logged in fine. So keep trying I guess.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:41 AM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 10:49 PM..
Old 03-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Orc

It's server-side so don't worry about it and just enjoy the boredom. I have been getting it for about half a day now. If you keep trying you can occasionally get in, but you will load at the speed of ass and have random time-outs. Plus zoning is Russian roulette.

FYI I was in-game when it hit me. Zoned to Nro. Crash. Get on, port to EK - crash! Get on, zone to beholder.. crash! Then the same symptoms described in OP started. No connection, no servers, time-outs etc.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 10:48 PM..
Old 03-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Large Bat

Same Issues here, Attempted log-ins fail sometimes , there are no servers at all listed on server selection screen about every 4th time it does list them.
Eventually after 15-20 min trying I get " an unknown error " message while trying to connect to the server , or it will take me to charecter select , and then not log me in.
I'm not sure if it's related at all but I had no issues pre patching the new spell file ever since. it's been the above problem and crashing or complete lock ups on near every zone.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Banned

Same here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS I am on U-Verse
Last edited by Nekkro Pheliac; 03-16-2011 at 07:58 PM..
Old 03-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still cant get on

wtf

edit
I got on for a few minutes untill I tried to zone, then I froze-crashed.

What can I do to fix this?
I have run ccleaner, has released/refreshed ip, restarted multiple times.

should I reinstall the game?

Whats the common factor to all of us with this problem?

Is it u-verse?
Is it solaria ui ?
Is it my location?

someone please help
It is not solaria(I don't use) and it is not location, as my RL friend has no issues and lives 2 minutes away.

So far 3 people with U-verse though. Wouldn't that just be epic..

Anyway for people with this problem, with enough patience you CAN get on. I wouldn't recommend zoning though as you will almost always crash. You can still zone, just gotta get back on. Finally forced me to grind out 51 at least..

Edit: Upon logging in recently I got the log in screen with the 4 characters telling me to update my spell files. It was working prior to this bug, and I updated after this bug started, so I assume this is a random side-effect and probably not related. Especially seeing as sometimes I can't even get to server select.
Last edited by Mehrk; 03-16-2011 at 09:26 PM..