Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Default The Enchanter Class

Sheesh, I don't ever remember the Enchanter class being so weak at level 20. I've tried to solo and its doable but its ALOT of medding. No way I can kill 2 blue mobs without medding after the first one. Any mob add is death more often then not. Been somewhat discouraged about it and I've read the different ways to approach soloing as an Enchanter. Kamikaze, Semi-Kamikaze, Root/Nuke etc. If it weren't for Root or Stuns I don't think I could solo at all. Not to mention I get resists and have to scramble to recast. On blues. Forget about Yellows. White are a HUGE gamble for me.

Seen the Necro and Mage classes kicking ass at my level.

And Charm? Forget about it. Useless. It works...for 5 seconds and then the monster appears much stronger when it proceeds to kick the living tar out of me. You would think that spells do not require a massive amount of twinking to work. What use is Charm if you need a 200 Charisma at level 20 to be able to use it? My only real option is Root/Nuke. It's done the best for me and allows me to do more damage then my pet. However it does burn mana. I'm not giving up or anything but it's been a battle of frustration at times.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

This is a funny post.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Banned

i think even the "solo classes" can benefit and get better xp by grouping... soloing never was fun for me even as an ubar necro back on a few other servers.

it more so is on this server...

probably try duoing, allot of times a mage and ench or necro/ench or wiz/ench can do allot more because they have you to pull split and mez bigger camps they normally would have trouble with on their own, plus in a group your pet is much more efficient...

if you want to go the charm route, make sure to bring along a cleric or druid =)

I think the best of the best xp i have gotten in this game was duo

ide say that option for enchanter soloing is there as a 2cndary hey i can do this if i want to log in for 20 mins and kill a named/ph, not really as an exp grinding method till 30+
Old 03-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

You don't mention using your pet. Use it. Done your research spells yet? Do them. Yellows will kill you, whites probably might. Tis how it was.

Also.. The game is more fun played with others, play with them. XP in dungeons, the xp is faaar faaar better than outdoors zones. Go slay Uguk, Mistmoore entrance area, unrest etc etc. And yeah, your charm spells are useless at lvl 20. Give it up in that dept.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Banned

lulz
ur one of the most vital group classes in the game and one of the most versatile classes to duo with and you're complaining about not being able to solo well enough? try playing a rogue you whiner.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

I just logged into my buddies 50 ench to see his time played. 12 days 13 hours played, and that's with time fucking around at 50. Probably one of the easiest classes to level solo. He used pet and stun the entire time. You're just doing it wrong.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

I was able to solo kedge entrance at lvl 34, with my animation pet. Hard for any other class to do so at that lvl. And at higher lvls (39+) you can charm and solo mobs that nobody else can, like king in lguk (at 49). But even without charm your pet is pretty good especially when it starts to dual wield (when you give him a weapon).

It gets better with higher lvl, and anything gets faster at 29 when you get clarity.

Edit: and how is any add = death? you are THE cc class, do you use mezz? You should even be able to keep a mob mezzed and med mana faster than the mezz consumes your mana.
Last edited by Nedala; 03-24-2011 at 04:46 PM..
Old 03-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Kobold

you just suck, get some skills

pull with tash, let pet get aggro or root, then stun. easy as adlsjkf
Old 03-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2cndary
Really?

Back on topic, I agree that you'll probably find duoing a lot more useful.

That said, CHA is a really easy stat to raise! There's lots of cheap gear out there that can up it nice & quick, so don't give up on that avenue.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Slow and steady wins the race.
Ask mages about breaking camps in Kunark Dungeons.

Like others have stated, use your animation. It's free damage!
At level 20 you should be able to use both rune and berserker strength on yourself, basically taking zero damage per fight so all you have to pay attention to is mana efficiency. Root/nuke is one of the least efficient ways for an enchanter to kill.
Closed Thread