Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another 90% of people on team evil box will fail like Sullon also
I was neutral on Sullon. We had our moments!

If teams are hard coded then you wont have the issue we had of turncoats jumping from zerg to zerg. Lite can have his fantasy of a permanent underdog guild on team good where him and others who get hard over resistance status can be and he won't have to worry about his peons jumping ship for loot. It can work.

Listen , I was on Rallos from the moment it was first born in beta. I can handle Rallos, I suppose you can too. But the masses can't handle item loss and the server will end up being a cadre in all raid no drop and twinks in no drop taking grief to a new level on noobs and people leveling.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listen , I was on Rallos from the moment it was first born in beta. I can handle Rallos, I suppose you can too. But the masses can't handle item loss and the server will end up being a cadre in all raid no drop and twinks in no drop taking grief to a new level on noobs and people leveling.
Yeah I would want a less punishing custom loot rules that in between RZ and Red99 1.0.

Anything from just items lootable in inventory including stuff in bags to maybe just stuff outside of bags and a couple worn slots (rings/neck/earrings). There is a big problem with no drop gear and item loot though. It makes things like Yunnb's earring so much more powerful.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:51 PM
Orc

SZ rules please
Old 12-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Kobold

Guides that sell me customized personal marshmallows.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we have to have teams because almost all the players on red99 were terrible and had to lump into 1 guild to accomplish anything

also if theres the slightest chance of pvp regarding a raid boss most people dont even want to play
Most people “lumped in one guild” because historically only one guild was interested in sustainably doing PvE on this server for the most part. The “resistances” were typically poorly run by people for the most part on Euro time who proudly declared their disdain for PvE content.

Also, most people don’t enjoy raid PvP because rather than a epic battle between two forces in the battlefield for the right to slay the dragon, it devolves into a few people doing things to stop your ability to fight the dragon behind enemy lines, where the majority of the raid force is stuck sitting at a zone in staring at a wall for hours. It’s incredibly boring if you’re not a Monk and I’d rather do almost anything else in life than engage in that type of “raid pvp” again.

Red Raid PvP is basically modern warfare. We go into shitty countries like Afghanistan, destroy their crappy army in fifteen minutes, but can’t secure the country because it’s a bunch of dudes hiding in caves in the mountains doing Allah Akbar suicide attacks for fifteen years to make sure we can’t win.
Last edited by heartbrand; 12-12-2019 at 06:33 AM..
Old 12-12-2019, 08:10 AM
Banned

most people (more than 80%) will lump onto the evil side (dark elves, ogre warriors, iksar monks) permanently.

the good team will be desolate. neutral will be the underdog and a long shot for relevance.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red Raid PvP is basically modern warfare. We go into shitty countries like Afghanistan, destroy their crappy army in fifteen minutes, but can’t secure the country because it’s a bunch of dudes hiding in caves in the mountains doing Allah Akbar suicide attacks for fifteen years to make sure we can’t win.
And this is why i've said Sullon Zek is the answer because unlimited pvp range after lvl 5 (and under level 5 outside of noob cities and noob yards even) means no more retarded low level spys telling people when to log in and bash a cleric and xp loss on pvp death means the dudes doing suicide runs sacrifice some xp each time they do it until they become deleveled irrelevancies.

The one fatal flaw Sullon had was allowing trains. This allowed only one suicide dude to pay the price of xp loss on pvp death in return to droping atomic train bombs on whole raids.

Yes evil team will be the biggest, but I can see good and newt team teaming up against them.

Rallos or any one team server = you STILL have one giant "team" (guild), but with none of the true team benefits of security and team spirit.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:58 PM
Banned

I'm gonna make a dark elf cleric, lawl

Will be so phun

Think I'll RP some smug elite player

Maybe twink my "ikky" munk
Old 12-13-2019, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, we need sullon zek. Limit one account per IRL human and can only make toons of the same alignment on said account.
yes. accounts linked to IP, phone number, mac addresses, Rogean spyware - everything. the rest can be spoofed, but Rogean spyware or even an independent program ppl have to download in order to play (like other games have for anti-cheat) would be great. just have to trust Rogean isn't stealing our bank accounts..

And it is crucial to balance the teams. I say a real time stat+resist boost based on the relative population of each team. So if there are 60% evils and only 15% good and 25% neuts, the neuts get some stats, and goods get even more, based on the difference. This would also encourage people to naturally balance in numbers because more people will want to roll into the underpopulated team in order to gain the greatest stat buffs.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And it is crucial to balance the teams. I say a real time stat+resist boost based on the relative population of each team. So if there are 60% evils and only 15% good and 25% neuts, the neuts get some stats, and goods get even more, based on the difference. This would also encourage people to naturally balance in numbers because more people will want to roll into the underpopulated team in order to gain the greatest stat buffs.
Only problem with that is, with locked teams for the human player, it would have to rely on new blood continuing to pump into the server to choose to roll up good/neutral, and I don't see much of that happening.

I like more the idea that if one side gets to be 70% of the server pop, it breaks out in civil war, i.e that team becomes FFA.

Less then 70 percent, then its up to the other two teams to join forces. If they don't , then they deserve to get zerged.
Closed Thread