Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish they would create a server that wasn't a classic recreation passion project but was the classic timeline progression with tons of QOL changes including the leveling pace that we would have dreamed of when we were 20 years younger.
LoN did a good job of that but just didn't get any population.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But enchanters are so completely OP you don't even have to try! Haven't you read the 70+ pages of whiners who played shamans in Kunark/Velious?
Damn chanters. They took our merbs!
Old 12-05-2019, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But enchanters are so completely OP you don't even have to try! Haven't you read the 70+ pages of whiners who played shamans in Kunark/Velious?
Those people complaining really need to try charm soloing themselves and then come back here and see if they still want to cry about it then. In my experience, it's not any stronger than it was in classic (well, Kunark era for me as that's when I started). Well, I've only had access to the first charm spell as I haven't reached level 24 yet so maybe charm gets stronger later on for some weird reason? And I'm seeing classes like necros, shams, bards, druids doing what looks to me to be MUCH easier soloing so I don't get what the big deal is (though I haven't tried any of those classes myself).

I'm not even wanting breeze for a purely selfish reason. I enjoyed being able to provide mind candy to everyone else. For me, that was one of the most enjoyable, quintessential aspects of playing as an enchanter. I felt good being able to make other people in my group stronger. It makes the game more fun for EVERYONE - including melee players because without clarity line there just isn't enough mana to keep up all the buffs on them that I would like to. And in green/teal it just isn't here and I hate it tbh.
Last edited by TripSin; 12-05-2019 at 04:38 PM..
Old 12-05-2019, 04:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red dead redemption 2 comes out today
It sure does! Are you going to be playing?
Old 12-05-2019, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those people complaining really need to try charm soloing themselves and then come back here and see if they still want to cry about it then. In my experience, it's not any stronger than it was in classic (well, Kunark era for me as that's when I started). Well, I've only had access to the first charm spell as I haven't reached level 24 yet so maybe charm gets stronger later on for some weird reason?

I'm not even wanting breeze for a purely selfish reason. I enjoyed being able to provide mind candy to everyone else. For me, that was one of the most enjoyable, quintessential aspects of playing as an enchanter. I felt good being able to make other people in my group stronger. It makes the game more fun for EVERYONE - including melee players because without clarity line there just isn't enough mana to keep up all the buffs on them that I would like to. And in green/teal it just isn't here and I hate it tbh.
You’ve crying about it all week. Move on to something else.

Christ some people are annoying...

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 12-05-2019, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’ve crying about it all week. Move on to something else.

Christ some people are annoying...
A pot calling the kettle black. Sorry, I'm not going to stop voicing my opinion just because you don't like it. You are free to continue crying about my crying. I'll move on when I feel like moving on.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:42 PM
Aviak

The key that killed the classic experience is how 1 or 2 guilds can lock down everything 44+ making it impossible to progress (or want to) past that point. individual progression is the key to a good game. This game limits that in its classic form until velious. Expect numbers to keep trending downward after legacy items stop dropping.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A pot calling the kettle black. Sorry, I'm not going to stop voicing my opinion just because you don't like it. You are free to continue crying about my crying. I'll move on when I feel like moving on.
How bout instead of constantly talking about how classic EQ following the timeline makes you not want to play: You sack up, follow through and not play?

Nobody will miss you or care when you’re gone. Just like IRL.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 12-05-2019, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well, I've only had access to the first charm spell as I haven't reached level 24 yet so maybe charm gets stronger later on for some weird reason?
To be fair, charm really does start off as "it can work but it's very difficult to make it very effective" and quickly moves to "wow, so strong" and ends up being "wtf godly" at 51+.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:20 PM
Kobold

I left green for teal.
Closed Thread