Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jofrey and Sansa just common names
But they there together! What are the chances? Plus, I never met a Sansa or a Joffrey.

I think this actually proves that the creators of Everquest read Game of Throne books.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I can't tell you how many Sansa's and Jofrey's I went to high school with. Oh wait-- I can: None. Common names where?
Old 11-19-2017, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I can't tell you how many Sansa's and Jofrey's I went to high school with. Oh wait-- I can: None. Common names where?
rofl!
Old 11-19-2017, 07:45 PM
VIP / Contributor

http://web.archive.org/web/200202030...asterquest.htm

Lots of references to different pop culture stuff in EQ.

In EQ2, there's also Sir Loros Highgarden from "The Shadow Odyssey" expansion, which is also a reference to "A Song of Ice and Fire": http://eq2.zam.com/db/mob.html?eq2mo...9e67188b3e3832

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 11-19-2017, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://web.archive.org/web/200202030...asterquest.htm

Lots of references to different pop culture stuff in EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the article
In Qeynos, you'll find a couple of merchants named Sansa Nusk and Joffrey Clay. Sansa and Joffrey are characters from the "Song of Fire and Ice" series by George R.R. Martin.
Thanks to Meraxos Grayswandir (Veeshan)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

There are lots of subtle references all over the place - Drogan Obsidian Dagger, for instance. Drogon is Daenerys' main dragon, obsidian is often used interchangeably with Dragonglass, which causes the White Walkers to shatter, with Effect: Obsidian Shatter. Come to think of it, Droga could just be a play on Drogo. I notice stuff like this in EQ all the time but seldom remember it. In any case, EQ is hugely derivative of J.R.R. Tolkien and G.R.R. Martin.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 11-19-2017 at 09:26 PM..
Old 11-19-2017, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are lots of subtle references all over the place - Drogan Obsidian Dagger, for instance. Drogon is Daenerys' main dragon, obsidian is often used interchangeably with Dragonglass, which causes the White Walkers to shatter, with Effect: Obsidian Shatter. Come to think of it, Droga could just be a play on Drogo. I notice stuff like this in EQ all the time but seldom remember it. In any case, EQ is hugely derivative of J.R.R. Tolkien and G.R.R. Martin.
Too bad all this stuff isn't compiled I would find it pretty interesting just to go through all the possible subtle references that Everquest has in it.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too bad all this stuff isn't compiled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:00 PM
Banned

"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night"

there was a guild on my server called Darkstar Sisterhood
Old 11-20-2017, 12:10 AM
Sarnak

https://www.relix.com/news/detail/ge...ame_of_thrones

Friends currently on EverQuest:
---------------------------------
There are no players in EverQuest that match those who filters.
Closed Thread