Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

If you are interested in WW dragons I could provide a meat shield and a little dps. It should help shake off the rust to duo them before you start to solo them!
Old 09-13-2017, 03:09 PM
Banned

man thats lame... stupid 3rd expansion / slipperyslope to stupid dumb not classic everquest.

#prekunark4life
Old 09-13-2017, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

You're going to have a hard time with the +6 neck dragons in WW solo, and especially pulling them to a kill spot with no wanderers/adds. The +4 neck dragons should be cake though, and most of them spawn along the northern shore so it's easy to pull them to a solo spot. You'll want to focus on the ones that drop the dragonhide piece you want to sell, for example Bravatar drops the hp/mana mantle that everyone and their twink is after. Also they drop great/greater dragon heads, which (if you have good giant faction) you can turn in for these quests:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Living_Dragons
https://wiki.project1999.com/Dragon_Heads
Old 09-14-2017, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Note: my meat shield is factioned with giants, so can even turn in the dragon heads for you to split the winnings.

I appreciate it isn't solo, but the offer is there.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
couldnt a torp shaman solo a bunch of stuff in keal and sell armor MQ's? idk because I havent tried but Id imagine you could do the arena area no?
As others have mentioned, their regen is too high to be possible. To demonstrate the point, a duo 60 monk (epic + SoM) and 60 sham (+ pet) combined dps is enough to kill a Veteran but so much of that dps is negated by regen that the fight takes 15 minutes. If you add another monk or a rogue the fight drops to like 4 minutes.

I doubt there's a shaman on the server who can dish out enough dps to drop a veteran. Possibly a lesser giant but it will be a long ass fight and those only very rarely drop armor. Mobs are resistant and you'd have to be able to deal with adds. Cleric mobs? Not a chance. Runners? With their hp and regen you'd have a hard time dropping even a lesser giant before it made it to a buddy.

On top of that, there's no practical way to break in solo.

Kael arena is doable duo, but for all of the above reasons I frankly prefer a trio or 4-man run. With 1 extra dps toon you can kill 3x faster (due to mob regen). Unlike most of EQ, the gains at the individual level (not group) are actually better with 3 even though you can duo the content.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-14-2017, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

Is the east wing of HS soloable by a shaman? Hmm.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:01 AM
Planar Protector

A good chill camp are the 2x bugs just before disco. You can kill one off to the side down in the little hole so avoid agro, then snag the roaming frog, other bug, and then golem if you choose.

enjoy
Old 09-14-2017, 08:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

sea furies
Old 09-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the east wing of HS soloable by a shaman? Hmm.
Yes.

Would probably be easier to make a list of things a shaman could not solo.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

A lot of off topic posting, admittedly including myself.

Efreeti in SolB can be fairly laid back solo once you break into the camp. Frenzy in Guk still worth camping by many too.

Frenzied spiders in Velks are easy peasy and doesn't require hyperactivity. Broodling only requires cycling like 3 spawns to keep the PH solo.

I'm sure there are even more laid back spots for a rusty shaman on top of these.

Are there any items or spells you are still after? Maybe you can find some velious goodies you are missing and work on them?
Closed Thread