Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

SK/paladin have the same offensive skills except that:
- paladin gets 15 more piercing.
- sk gets 5 more offense.
So unlike that sk is dumb and uses piercer, it will output more raw damage in raid, without taking in account the offensive spells that even add more to it.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:22 AM
Fire Giant

SK pets aren’t used on endgame Velious content and dots don’t land. There are outliers for every class. What I said above is an average and by far SKs show up at the bottom of the parse more often than not.

My personal opinion on SKs is the skill gap between “good” SKs and “bad” SKs is wider than any class. The best ones are some of the best players but most are complete trash.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

True on dot, true on pet, not true on lifetaps while some mobs are nearly immune, a lot of velious end raid mob are not and that add some neat damage
Old 06-09-2020, 03:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SK pets aren’t used on endgame Velious content and dots don’t land. There are outliers for every class. What I said above is an average and by far SKs show up at the bottom of the parse more often than not.

My personal opinion on SKs is the skill gap between “good” SKs and “bad” SKs is wider than any class. The best ones are some of the best players but most are complete trash.
Diseze clowd goze brrrr!
Old 06-09-2020, 12:08 PM
Kobold

DPS war: Proc avatar, equip NToV 2h, pop precision....profit
Old 06-09-2020, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Did some Yaulp4 testing. Couldn’t cap str because I’m a scrub but:

989 attack with 157str
1005 attack with 175str (DW legs)

That’s like a .88 attack/str bonus. Not great

Yaulp4 adds 40 str, AC and some attack...

215 str and 1083 attack

So my rough math is for pure attack it adds 42.5 raw attack which stacks with everything. Basically an extra call of the predator.

While divine might won’t land on targets that the SK Vamp Embrace line will I don’t see how that’s adding more than a few dps, max. If you can land Shroud of Hate prior to the raid target I see them being pretty close.

What am I missing? Besides the 5 offensive skill? Drain Soul and Boiling Blood on raid targets?
Old 06-09-2020, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

So Warriors with their epic will use Blade of Strategy but not Blade of Tactics?
Old 06-09-2020, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

Blade of Tactics adds 60 attack power. 30 directly on the weapon and 30 from the worn buff. While this is likely a bug its not one that anyone likes to talk about because it is so awesome.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The problem with dw for dps is the amount of aggro generated and the way the crippling blow mechanic works. Triple damage (crippling blows), along with triple attack, along with precision makes ToV 2h weapons superior to any dw combo. That said, when procing avatar, or not below 40% hp, or using a knight tank dw is a great set up.

As for the OP, berserk warriors care greatly about HP. Most dps fights I'll duel a rogue and get to 30% hp. When wearing all of the AOB items, ring10, etc its quite hard to stay below the berserk threshold. The more total HP one has the longer you can stay berserk.
Last edited by Naethyn; 06-09-2020 at 12:37 PM..
Old 06-09-2020, 01:10 PM
Kobold

So if you want to be a standard meatshield warrior:

1) HP HP HP.
2)dual wield with procs for agg

IF you want to be a DPS Warrior
1) try to cripp blow all the time, which is much easier with...HP HP HP
2) best ratio 2h

Seems like the hard part, creation and gearing, is same for all wars, then just a matter of what's in your backpacks, situationally.

Also, if paladins are getting STR out of yaulp because they're not already maxed, then SK may have them out DPS'd with an ogre/troll anyways. that seems like a wash, considering grim aura also gives the SK a little attack to counter yaulp.
and SK's should be proccing lifetaps for 50 via their level 55 spell, right? Mathematically I can't see how this works out for Pallies to have any DPS advantage.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:20 PM
Fire Giant

There are elements to melee dps that are not just based on skills, attack power, innate abilities, and weapons. If that was the case monks should be doing way more dps than rangers, but they aren't. Shadowknights are the clear loser from years of parsing.