Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-26-2020, 10:09 AM
Large Rat

Im getting no sound as well but the issue seems to on Blue only for me. When I log in to Green or Red with the same client the sound is there without any changes.

There must be some key to disable audio or something because everything should be good to go unless some BS Windows patch did it.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEidolon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright, I FINALLY solved the sound issue! Just in case anyone else similar issues, here is what did it in the end.

I downloaded a program called Codec Tweak Tool. Within the program you can click Fixes, and there is an option to "Reset Windows Audio Mixer volume settings for all applications". This solved the issue and got sound back for me. Why? I'm not sure, but at least it worked.
This fixed my problem, I was going crazy trying to fix this... Thanks!!
Old 06-02-2020, 01:31 AM
Fire Giant

I'm on Green. When I launch the game, I don't even see the game appear in volume mixer. I tried all these suggestions and no dice. It USED to work fine ...
Old 06-30-2020, 09:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEidolon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright, I FINALLY solved the sound issue! Just in case anyone else similar issues, here is what did it in the end.

I downloaded a program called Codec Tweak Tool. Within the program you can click Fixes, and there is an option to "Reset Windows Audio Mixer volume settings for all applications". This solved the issue and got sound back for me. Why? I'm not sure, but at least it worked.
So I too lost all sound suddenly a few days ago and have been unable to troubleshoot it myself. I want to try this, "Codec Tweak Tool." Is the following the correct link to the app you used?

https://www.videohelp.com/software/C...re%20installed).
Old 07-01-2020, 08:17 AM
Kobold

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I too lost all sound suddenly a few days ago and have been unable to troubleshoot it myself. I want to try this, "Codec Tweak Tool." Is the following the correct link to the app you used?

https://www.videohelp.com/software/C...re%20installed).
I went ahead and used the "Codec Tweak Tool" utility in the link above a it totally worked!

Thanks, TheEidolon^^
Old 05-20-2022, 02:47 PM
Skeleton

I hate to necro an old thread, but I'm having this issue as well. I'm using a laptop with Win7 on it. I get music on the loading screens, and the character selection screen, but no sound in game. CodeTweakTool didn't help. Re-install didn't help. Different MIDI drivers (tried BassMidiDrv and VirtualMidiSynth) didn't help the problem, thought he music sounds much better. Volume mixer isn't a problem for me as it shows up correct.

Just no sounds.
Old 09-13-2022, 03:52 AM
Large Rat

Default same no sound

Anyone have a solve for this? Did a complete reinstall, searched the threads but still having the music but no sound thing.
thanks!
Old 11-20-2022, 12:17 AM
Aviak

For me the fix on Windows 11 was system > sound > volume mixer > "reset sound devices and volumes for all apps to the recommended defaults"

Now, under apps, I see not only "system sounds" but also "everquest" and my game sound works again.
Old 10-09-2023, 02:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Same for me. All worked perfectly since yesterday, didnt change a thing in any ini or whatnots. From one day to the other sound is off and i cant find out why
Old 10-31-2023, 07:07 AM
Orc

I used the link Dural_Levant posted a few posts up and it worked. Very odd bug.