Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-29-2019, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Latest patch has also broken p99 sounds for me. Everything else on my laptop plays fine but no EQ sounds work, and EQ doesn't even show up on the mixer bar. I tried a full fresh install from the video linked here and no luck
My sound stopped before and it was because I unknowingly stopped the service in MSCONFIG for my virtual sound synthesizer. I thought that this was due to a patch as well, as I had just modified my MSCONFIG options prior to installing the latest patch, but it wasn't....it was something that I have changed.

I do not know everything about Project 1999 and how they patch things, but I do know that their patches do not mess with the sound. So I think wherever you are looking for the problem may be the wrong place. Maybe think outside of the box?
Old 10-29-2019, 12:25 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Latest patch has also broken p99 sounds for me. Everything else on my laptop plays fine but no EQ sounds work, and EQ doesn't even show up on the mixer bar. I tried a full fresh install from the video linked here and no luck
Try looking at the Windows Volume mixer. I hadn't touched this yet somehow EverQuest became muted. Simply right click on the speaker icon (normally on the right hand side of your task bar) and select "Open Volume Mixer". In that menu scroll across to the right and see if you too have an item listed as "Name not available". If you do, un-mute it and see if that works for you too.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:36 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try looking at the Windows Volume mixer. I hadn't touched this yet somehow EverQuest became muted. Simply right click on the speaker icon (normally on the right hand side of your task bar) and select "Open Volume Mixer". In that menu scroll across to the right and see if you too have an item listed as "Name not available". If you do, un-mute it and see if that works for you too.
Yeah, I've unfortunately tried that. It definitely isn't muted and the Mixer actually shows the bar moving up and down like it is registering sound, but nothing comes out.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:10 PM
Large Bat

Alright, I FINALLY solved the sound issue! Just in case anyone else similar issues, here is what did it in the end.

I downloaded a program called Codec Tweak Tool. Within the program you can click Fixes, and there is an option to "Reset Windows Audio Mixer volume settings for all applications". This solved the issue and got sound back for me. Why? I'm not sure, but at least it worked.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:17 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEidolon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright, I FINALLY solved the sound issue! Just in case anyone else similar issues, here is what did it in the end.

I downloaded a program called Codec Tweak Tool. Within the program you can click Fixes, and there is an option to "Reset Windows Audio Mixer volume settings for all applications". This solved the issue and got sound back for me. Why? I'm not sure, but at least it worked.
Wonderful! Thanks for posting your fix. See you online!
Old 10-29-2019, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My sound stopped before and it was because I unknowingly stopped the service in MSCONFIG for my virtual sound synthesizer. I thought that this was due to a patch as well, as I had just modified my MSCONFIG options prior to installing the latest patch, but it wasn't....it was something that I have changed.

I do not know everything about Project 1999 and how they patch things, but I do know that their patches do not mess with the sound. So I think wherever you are looking for the problem may be the wrong place. Maybe think outside of the box?
I checked my MSconfig services and I don't have anything called virtual sound synthesizer. I did check any service that looked sound related and they were all running, and I haven't personally changed any settings there ever. IDK enough about computers to think outside the box, all I know is my sounds worked fine prior to the patch and now they do not. Sound works as normal for everything not p99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure this is related to my problem, but when I open the volume mixer there isn't anything listed for Everquest, p99, or anything called "name not available". The only things that show up are "Device", "System Sounds", and "Mozilla Firefox". I've tried experimenting with different settings including restoring the defaults, and also updated to the latest driver but nothing has worked.

Any ideas would really be appreciated, this sucks =(
Old 11-04-2019, 11:09 PM
Large Rat

I have the exact same issue, I have music, but no game sound.

I downloaded a EQ Titanium client that was linked in the Youtube video earlier, and had no luck. Tried one based from the 5 disc .ISO's and still nothing.

Checked Client.ini Sound=True
Downloaded new snd2/6/8 files just to see if those would help (From the Make EQ Sound Significantly Better thread).
Checked Sound mixer
Created different game shortcuts (using both the Launch Titanium batch file from the P1999 patch files, and the eqgame.exe -patchme shortcut, run as admin.

still no game sounds, just music.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:38 PM
Large Rat

The CodecTweaker that the guy shared work for me as well, recommend that fix. Make sure you do it when the game isnt running. It might have also been just me closing out of like every other program on my computer (discord included) but who knows.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:45 AM
Kobold

Using the bassmididrv from this post fix my issue.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=81207

Download and install bassmididrv from the following link. http://p99.yourfirefly.com/

Next download the 1mgm.sf2 file. http://p99.yourfirefly.com/1mgm.sf2

Install BassMidiDrv. Launch it and then under SoundFonts (Port A) add the 1mgm.sf2 file FIRST then add the
synthusr.sf2 (not synthusr2.sf2) from your Everquest folder SECOND.

Do the same thing for SoundFonts (Port B)

Finally go to the Advanced Tab and select SoundFonts (Port A) and press Apply.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:47 AM
Decaying Skeleton

All my sounds went out too. The Codec Tweak tool worked for my sound problem.. Thanks!