Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb_Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just started DAOC Phoenix. However EQ is the best!!! I would love to see a 99 Red Server, especially with a month more of quarantine... I used to play Vallon Zek, but moved to Sullon Zek which had the better ruleset. Three teams is perfect.
This server only lasted 3 months ( phoenix that is )
Old 04-12-2020, 11:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The playerbase for red doesn't have the passion and the community isn't strong enough to make R99 a good community.
Heretics were dedicated to slaying dragons and healthy pvp. They got lawyerquested by 2-3 cool and normal people with the stated goal of keeping the server dead and now 2/3rds of the active player base isn't allowed to raid or effectively pvp for a month.

In hindsight, do you think it's fair to blame the community?
Old 04-13-2020, 07:19 AM
Fire Giant

There are two small demographics happy with the status quo, a niche group of guildless casuals that enjoy essentially a small multiplayer version of velious everquest and Tune and 2-3 of his friends. Heretic tried.

A new pvp server has potential to be a lot of fun and maybe attract a bigger population than many assume but I just dont believe (anymore) that the staff has the enthusiasm, motivation, willingness to invest time and/or labor into anything related to PVP.
Last edited by Danger; 04-13-2020 at 07:24 AM..
Old 04-13-2020, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are two small demographics happy with the status quo, a niche group of guildless casuals that enjoy essentially a small multiplayer version of velious everquest and Tune and 2-3 of his friends. Heretic tried.

A new pvp server has potential to be a lot of fun and maybe attract a bigger population than many assume but I just dont believe (anymore) that the staff has the enthusiasm, motivation, willingness to invest time and/or labor into anything related to PVP.
I agree but u could put it a bit nicer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There are a lot of casual scum on red now. PvP will never happen unless we open a teams server. Most people just farm up to 'impossible resists' then halp their friends and RP elves. Which surprisingly is what I fought for for years, now that we have it, I am not so sure...

----- I don't think the staff has to try that hard to load a red v2.0 instance on the same box running red 1.0 its probably a virtual machine on someones pocket calculator teathered to an Elon Musk satellite and I know some of the evil hackers here know how to do these kinds of things. Red99 sure sometimes feels like I am connecting from orbit, very classic.

I believe the biggest issue with a new teams server is a lack of guides.

I want to guide pretty bad, I also like playing the game, I am willing to sit logged in on Mendasillia 2.v3a if I can box a character on blue and green and tab over to the petition queue on pinkish 2.1a every 1hr30 mins or so.

Yet I doubt the staff would trust me they are probably horrified at the aspect of giving me any kind of privileged account lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Don't blame them either, I earned my stripes here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I _think_ *with what is left of the rational part of my brain* a teamsish, guild wars (guild wars like Baler be talkin about) would definitely bring at least 200-300 red players for a month or two.
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-13-2020 at 09:47 AM..
Old 04-13-2020, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

P.S. real sorry heretics got obliterated (temporarily at least) in favor of the niche hardcores, but it was hilarious. It did bring some attention back to red.
Old 04-13-2020, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This new server happening or is it time to really move on from The Project?
You already know the answer.

Just take that first step.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:36 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server only lasted 3 months ( phoenix that is )
There was 2100 people on yesterday. More than half that on average.

RELAUNCH THIS SERVER PLEASE - PvP TEAMS!! VZ/TZ or SZ rules. It’s perfect timing!
Old 04-14-2020, 01:33 AM
Kobold

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb_Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was 2100 people on yesterday. More than half that on average.

RELAUNCH THIS SERVER PLEASE - PvP TEAMS!! VZ/TZ or SZ rules. It’s perfect timing!

Yeah hurry before were all dead.

Not that I ever went outside in the first place but
Old 04-14-2020, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah hurry before were all dead.

Not that I ever went outside in the first place but
Old 04-20-2020, 06:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by limit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At time of writing, Red99 is at 33, Rise of Zek at 98..
RoZ allows boxing. P99 doesn't.
Closed Thread