Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 01:58 PM
Skeleton

Default NEW Rules for Red PVP

As a PvPer on a PvP Server I feel that I should have a fair chance in getting to kill another player.

Here is the scenario. I am small manning a bunch of small men in a larger guild doing a raid target. I feel that it is unfair if said guild of small men respond to my incoming attack with an overwhelming force. I should not be forced to face this guild 4v1, 5v1, 10v1, ect. They should only be allowed to send players equal to the number of players on my small man grief team as a response. Otherwise it's not fair. They should only be able to send more players after I/we kill the current ones.

Now, see how stupid that is? It's a dumb rule that shouldn't happen on a PvP server.

The same can be said when it comes to training in general and especially when a small man group is PvP/Griefing (Yes, grief is a form of PvP don't be a cry baby.) a large raiding guild. If you have a raid force, especially one of 30+ players and you can't handle a small group of players without whining to the GM, changing rules, or needing pointless rules then why the hell are you even on a PvP server? The only rules needed should be coded into the game for example +/-4 levels to target a person in PvP, only coin loot, etc. If it can't be coded then it's not a good rule for PvP. In short, players should not have to change any tactic or act in a certain way when playing.

Those are some blue rules that shouldn't exist on a PvP server. A single player should be able to pell mobs and do whatever against 30 other players. If the guild can't handle one person or a small group then they don't deserve whatever mob they are after anyway and should take that weak shit where it belongs: to a nonPvP server.

Carry on wayward sons.
Last edited by Babadook; 04-03-2020 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 04-03-2020, 04:01 PM
Banned

Another new fish who doesnt know who hes dealing with. If you allow it, they will do it. Ever see people take 8 hour shifts to train a guild they wanna take down? Youll see it here if they allow it.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:13 PM
Skeleton

I've been around on this server and on EQ PvP servers for a long time. In fact, that's the only EQ I know.

It should be on the opposing guild to stop it. That simple. Also, I have never seen enough people on red, let alone enough people who would care enough, to take shifts.

If it can't be coded then it shouldn't be a rule. Players shouldn't be required to play different to accommodate enemy players.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

babadook your first paragraph was so compelling that I can hardly type this sentence because I want to say harsh words in response to it.

That said, I think tradesonred is right in this case. Without some PnP rules, its way too easy to grief.

If griefing is allowed then every raid encounter needs 6 to 12 extra players or more just to go around keeping trains from being made.

It falls into the category of exploits, which are in game mechanics that are considered illegal to deploy because of their broken nature.

The game isn't coded well enough to stop all exploits from happening, so they are just not allowed, and you get banned from using them.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:35 PM
Skeleton

I think griefing should be allowed and if that means the raid guild needs 12 or whatever number of players to stop then then that's what they need.

Griefing is a form of PvP.

This is separate from exploiting. I can only agree with you when it comes to exploits when it is PvE, but any form of PvP should change those rules even if it involves the use of the environment and mobs.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:45 PM
Banned

If you want to play on a PvP server you should learn to make friends, and or lead. If you can't make friends, learn to pvp in walmart gear and create a <Fight Club> to battle it out in Unrest, Guk, and CB with some Classic, Kubark gear.

That is what a pvp server is. It's not about "being fair" and "holding your hands" so you can "get your epic". It's about not being a shitlord, and being an itteligent RPer and 1337 h@x0r and if u can't make the cut.

I am very sorry, and apologize. Try green 99. I hear they have a /list command.

As a minority individual, I may never get my wiz epic, but if I get even 1 pixel towards that goal, I know I got it, being true to myself, red99, and the way of the sword. Rather than the mace, or GM quest, or crybabism.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:46 PM
Banned

Babadook what your saying is you can't field a team and can't pvp without griefing and exploiting the game mechanics in unintended and basically borish ways.

Learn2click pumice. Don't expect the entire server to cater to a small group of small egos who can't do anything but train or move mobs into the walls. This is 2020 and that is low class, old, and boring. RoZ exists for that.

I normally don't dispense tough love and harsh sperglord wisdom, but this is one of those times.

~with manly male elf love runlvlzero
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-03-2020 at 04:49 PM..
Old 04-03-2020, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadook [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been around on this server and on EQ PvP servers for a long time. In fact, that's the only EQ I know.

It should be on the opposing guild to stop it. That simple. Also, I have never seen enough people on red, let alone enough people who would care enough, to take shifts.

If it can't be coded then it shouldn't be a rule. Players shouldn't be required to play different to accommodate enemy players.
TLDR u are mad u didn't get ur epic or that <Apex> folded when their leadership sperged and got banned over a single dragon pixel.

RIP Red99 if that is your attitude, you will quickly find yourself on RoZ powerlvling clerics for your guild mates to run around aimlessly and circlejerk on.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:18 PM
Banned

Anyway there are a select few points of view on this where two people will just simply disagree. When all your doing is training to 'deny' a 'superior' 'force' something and waste time, you aren't playing a game anymore IMO. There's DoTAs u can go play or something else. It's at a point outside immersion, and I will probably never see eye to eye again with that mentality. I use to think it was hot shit to *make people mad*.

Now when i ask UMAD? BRO? XUDE? W/E its because I want to know if there's anything I can do to help that other person be unmad. And if it's within the realm and scope of what I can do, sometimes it aint, and I just got to /log or quit trollin /ooc, I try my best to help, sometimes I am just a low energy plebe,

but there is a TON more to this game, and a ton more to EQ pvp then "Y U SO MAD?"

If you cannot see that or understand it from my scattered stream of paragraphnessess, I feel for u xude (no Idea what u r or how u feel about your elf pixelS)
Old 04-03-2020, 07:25 PM
Fire Giant

Tldr.

If you don't like the rules set it place, go make your own server. Jeremy started one and it's pretty popular.
Closed Thread