Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 06:09 AM
Fire Giant

Default Druid just hit 24...how do I solo?

Just hit lvl 24. Given my spell availability, what is the most efficient way to solo?

I've been doing the following: Thorn myself, pull with DoT, melee and dd until it's dead. Every kill seems to use up almost half my mana. This means I can kill 2 before I need to afk/med. Am I doing this wrong? Because this is crazy slow and boring.

Also I JUST realized druids can use fungi...at lvl 24 is it even worth putting on a fungi and something like girdle of rapidity to improve my melee?
Old 04-30-2020, 07:53 AM
Sarnak

I think the leet strategy among druids around that level range is charming animals. I think you're approaching CT gators level?
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:06 AM
Kobold

Charm animal
Old 04-30-2020, 05:03 PM
Kobold

1. Dont accept group invites
2. Find some blue mob
3. Root it
4. Dot it
5. Repeat
Old 04-30-2020, 05:28 PM
Fire Giant

It's definitely charming and fear kiting aminals... I've always done the gators in Oasis... But at 24 you've probably outgrown the deepwater crocs.. or maybe not? They are yellow to me sometimes at 19?

But basically depending on your mana pool and how you want to go about it-

You can charm a pet.
Feral spirit your pet.
Thorns your pet.
Snare your pet.
snare your target.
Fear your target while your pet beats on them.
Thorn your pet and let the 2 duke it out..

But when your pet is low on health, break charm, root old pet if it's not already running due to low health, and recharm a new one! Rinse and repeat!!

But those are kinda your options, and you can mix them up however you see fit on your style!
Old 04-30-2020, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

Oh lastly- At level 34 is when I think you open your world to quadding as well with the spell Lightning Strike.. Which will become a staple in your future leveling.

The strategy to that is snare 4 targets, run them around till their all stacked on each other, and then just run around casting lightning strike! Then you can sit and med [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I really only root rot- root and dot and sit, when it's just a single mob or something that i'm camping.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:52 PM
Kobold

Green or blue?
If blue Charm this guy and go to town on the other mobs in the cave using your damage shield on the pet to do most of the damage.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bloodmaw

if on green Charm and fear kite animals
Old 04-30-2020, 11:04 PM
Kobold

A fungi, good dps weapon, haste item do help with this approach. if you can throw 100,000 plat at it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
at 24, two high blue kills per mana bar is fine. I remember it was 2 crags per mana bar, then afk and work for 6 mins.
with the fungi, the dmg shield approach will be very efficient, 3 kills before sitting, at least. 15 health per tic is just nuts.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Fungi/haste/ decent weapon should carry you to 30. After that you'd probably drop the weapon and haste since meleeing probably isn't going to add much. Keeping the fungi will save you a ton of mana in heals/regen mana cost though.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you're approaching CT gators level?
http://wiki.project1999.com/Cazic_Thule_Alligator_Pit has it starting at 28, so 24 might be a little early ... but soon! Such a great camp for Druids (and then so is "Alligator Alley" afterwards).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread