Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
***So in a nutshell, basically you are saying A/A keeps pixels from CSG, so by default CSG keeps pixels from the most casual players on P99.
No, I'm saying that CSG does what they can without having to deal with A/A. If them doing something means that you can't, you either need to join them or find something that they're not doing.

And quit whining.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I'm saying that CSG does what they can without having to deal with A/A.
And I'm sure the more casual guilds do what they can without having to deal with A/A and CSG.

Whatever guilds are below that are probably in the way of even more casual guilds.

Becoming a warm body for the top guilds isn't a solution, it's just contributing to the problem of 100 people thinking they've achieved something by being the "best" at a nearly 20 year old emulated game.

There is no solution that will work without a server split, instances or lockouts. That or don't raid. Honestly, it's like 2 completely different games, raiding and not, and one of those games is actually fun.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I'm saying that CSG does what they can without having to deal with A/A. If them doing something means that you can't, you either need to join them or find something that they're not doing.

And quit whining.
See, I do that. I level solo and group for fun, I buy and sell in EC, I port people for plats, I explore old dungeons like Runnyeye and Splitpaw etc. I do everything but raid.

I love how people like you call criticism of something they support "whining." Just because the raiding and neckbearding on p99 is as it is and you enjoy it doesn't mean it's above being criticized.

I will continue to criticize or whine about it as much as people like you support and defend it.

There are many nice things about p99 and I enjoy it immensely. The greedy selfish neckbearding is not one of those things.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:45 PM
Kobold

OP:

Ditch this shithole endgame and the embarrassments to humanity that push the maintained status quo. You hit 60. Congrats. EQ as a fun game on p99 is over for you. If you still have the itch, come play on a server that is actually fun when you get 60, be it Phinny or takp or p2002.

You are literally wasting your time for nothing now. Don't make the mistake too many of us did and think it will get better. It won't. The only way to win in Sirken's rathouse is not to play.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

And nobody is stopping you from finding out when CT was killed and appropriately forming your own Fear raid three days later or buying an MQ. That is what it is.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Gimpatron strikes again.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My anger on this subject comes from the point of view of a new player. Someone who has spent a lot of time playing p99 but may not know the ins and outs of the server just yet. Shaman's epic seems (from that position) like it's locked behind a wall where only the elite can obtain it. And while yes it is an epic so it shouldn't be handed out willy nilly. It does seem that the pay wall is absurdly high and for those non guilded it's nearly unobtainable.
I'm new enough here yet... I agree that, after reading through the epics again after 16 years, that with the raid scene as it is that the epics can be seen as locked behind a wall... I also am not a fan of paying for MQ's or paying for quests. I'd rather participate in the activity of obtaining the item. But I also cannot spend huge amounts of time per week dedicated to a video game.

Detoxx asked what to do... There are a vast number of things that can be done. The question isn't what to do, the question is will it be followed and respected?

Bottom line is that there Is and ARE agreeable solutions. Back years ago, I played on a server that had a much different raiding situation at the high end. It left opportunity for all groups to raid, without a lot of trouble. But, what do I know?
Old 03-16-2017, 09:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shaman epic is one of the most painful to obtain but it is the easiest quest wise.
I bought mine post update. Before the changes to the golem it was far cheaper. I regret not getting it then.

Also from my understanding (never been in a guild)...
Every guild on p99 are all selfish fucks.

Slurping on officer's D's to get ur epic is the fastest method.
In fires we use a dkp system with an accrued dkp requirement to bid on certain rare epic pieces. If you put in the time you will get it, there is no favoritism. That being said, the list is long. We do these because our members need them and this is the only way that we seem to be able to get them as the mobilization on pop by a/a/csg is way faster than we can muster.

There are entirely way too many people needing these epic items than the classic respawn timers are able to support on p99 and it is causing issues.

There is nothing stopping any guild from going in and sitting there and trying to get fte, just like at lodi no matter what guild is sitting in there.

We get some people that go in to try to get fte hoping that we will not notice and kill it for them.

Also, the broodling spawn seems a bit on the rare side, maybe 1 out of the 3 golems will spawn one and we VERY rarely get all 3. We are lucky to get 1 each week and thats putting in a lot of sock time for very little potential gain as most of their loot is trash and very rarely what we need, exacerbating the problem.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aftermath never goes for fear golems unless CT spawns. Once a week. Thats 6 golems between we never go for so im unsure where you got your info.
Full of shit. Ive seen you screaming that you are going to petition a casual guild, because they killed a Fear Golem that you wanted. Get off your high as a kite, retarded, meth addicted donkey.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Full of shit. Ive seen you screaming that you are going to petition a casual guild, because they killed a Fear Golem that you wanted. Get off your high as a kite, retarded, meth addicted donkey.
Was it actually detoxx? was it actually a AM raid or just a few members killing a mob that can be 1 grouped?
Closed Thread