Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

i am very rarely in a group that isnt nbg, and if I am, it is very clearly communicated as such beforehand. I would flip my shit if a necro rolled on a fungi over me, and just as has been mentioned, would be equally silly to roll on rare jug spells if there are casters in the group that need them

wtf is wrong with you people, i thought we were friends here?
Old 02-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only camps I could see this being an issue at would be something that dropped a high $$ item such as frenzy, lord, or efreeti where items are all worth 5k+. In this case it should probably be discussed beforehand on how it will be handled.

I'm pro nbg because I don't give a shit about a 300plat RMB, and you shouldn't either or you're just an asshole imo.
I don't think a higher value item necessitates NbG. The question of whether one person gets more utility out of receiving an FBSS from camping (say, a rogue/monk/warrior), than a caster would out of selling it and buying an equivalent is actually really subjective.

Because we don't know what the warrior/rogue/monk does, we don't know if they would use the money more effectively. If they used it the rest of their career - great. But the rogue eventually gets his epic - and the FBSS is then sold and use to pad their bank account.

My opinion of the best loot system (for most cases) is everyone may roll on everything, but rules dictate how much loot someone can get - i.e. you roll on FBSS and win, you can't roll on Yak if it drops later.

Usually it's not that sophisticated, though, and I don't group now as much as I did on live, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froglok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And then they made World of Warcraft to dumb-down MMO players...
ftfy

Quote:
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i am very rarely in a group that isnt nbg, and if I am, it is very clearly communicated as such beforehand. I would flip my shit if a necro rolled on a fungi over me, and just as has been mentioned, would be equally silly to roll on rare jug spells if there are casters in the group that need them

wtf is wrong with you people, i thought we were friends here?
See I actually think the Fungi Tunic is a good example of something that has an NBG feel to it given how powerful it is on an appropriate melee class however its Platinum value is so great that I can't blame people for going greed on it.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ftfy
Thanks!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See I actually think the Fungi Tunic is a good example of something that has an NBG feel to it given how powerful it is on an appropriate melee class however its Platinum value is so great that I can't blame people for going greed on it.
Yeah - I tend to feel that only best-in-game items are 100% NBG items. Everything else is negotiable, since the plat value of the item might be worth even more to the other player in buyable gear.

I dunno about Fungi. Fungi was so friggin game breaking for so many (it literally revolutionized my monk's ability to solo and a shaman friend of mine was like a mana battery with it). It's one of those items that simply didn't have any peers.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Kobold

If its need before greed you'll get an overrepesentation of classes that can use the loot in that camp. Maybe that adds flavor to the zone? I'd prefer it if everything was a greed roll personally. But then you would end up buying all of your gear in EC, and you lose some of hte fun of camping a specific item so you can use it. Then again, camping every item you'll use takes forever. Its far more efficient to just make money and buy everything in EC.

Need before greed works best when you only play with the same group of friends. If one person becomes more powerful from winning the roll that helps you too because he will make the group stronger. Also, you'll be able to talk about where you want to hunt to move the group to a place that drops items that fit your class.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

thats why i plan on holding down the fungi camp with 5 other paladins

although, that would probably create a level of awesomeness so great that the server wouldnt be able to handle it
Old 02-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

in all seriousness I am amazed at the number of people on this thread that are opposed to nbg
Old 02-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thats why i plan on holding down the fungi camp with 5 other paladins

although, that would probably create a level of awesomeness so great that the server wouldnt be able to handle it
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Closed Thread