Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-08-2020, 01:08 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default UI issue after moving game directory

Recently I've been trying to get logs working and read that having Everquest installed in Program File (x86) causes problems with this and other things. So I decided to move the entire directory straight to my C:\ and I changed the path on the eq launcher shortcut to match. Project1999 starts fine, I can log in, access all the servers and characters however all of my characters UI settings have been reset (keybinds, macros, UI boxes, etc...).

After trying to dig for a solution to have the UI settings "copied over" or fixed, I broke down and moved the directory back to Program File (x86) and changed the launcher shortcut back to the original path. This restored all my original UI settings thankfully. I didn't move any character ui files in the process and didn't receive any weird errors.

Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to resolve this? I'd like to save my current UI and macros. I don't feel like setting this up again on all my characters just for logs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Update: I am also having issues with the game crashing whenever I try to log to the character screen. I've seen a couple posts about switching the compatibility mode to Win XP or running it as admin. I've tried both ways and it seems to correct the crashing issue however when I change either of these modes, I get the exact same UI issue that I stated above. If I change the compatibility back to normal, my original UI returns. I am changing the compatibility on the eqgame.exe file. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by optionalace; 04-08-2020 at 01:23 AM..
Old 04-08-2020, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

If you were running the game out of a protected directory (such as program files) then your UI-related files are written to your user's temp folder. Look in C:\users\<username>\appdata\ for your ini files and copy them into your new (non protected) game directory.

-Mcoy