Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you want to do the ring 8 roll?
Roll at the same time as the day before 11 7.53%
Roll 30 minutes before Gloradin pops 21 14.38%
Roll when Gloradin pops (everyone who rolls helps with the fight) 114 78.08%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkotTunnel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cant do it pop more often? Its not so classic to random on mob anyway to be honest, or?
Gloradin is a 1 day respawn, that's never gonna change
Old 04-06-2020, 04:30 AM
Planar Protector

The poll results are overwhelming for what players agree on how they want this roll to go, with nearly 75 votes. I hope this is enough for a GM to step in and say this is the official player agreement going forward, it will avoid lots of headaches, confusion, and drama.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The poll results are overwhelming for what players agree on how they want this roll to go, with nearly 75 votes. I hope this is enough for a GM to step in and say this is the official player agreement going forward, it will avoid lots of headaches, confusion, and drama.
ITT, guy who sells ring 9 MQs really wants a GM ruling that says other people must help him.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:29 AM
Planar Protector

If you need ring 8 to beat everquest... try red?
Old 04-06-2020, 05:09 PM
Aviak

I would love to see a GM response on this one way or another. It seems pretty clear what most people want but clearing up any confusion would be great in any case.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:11 PM
Sarnak

Dudes. It's super sheisty as it stands. I've seen rolls, then someone shows up late (with clout generally from a top-end raid guild tag) and demands a re-roll, after the original rollers already took off, and the person about to turn-in is put into an awkward spot (esp. if they're not used to dealing with sheisters from the top guild(s) on server). Do it like scout.

[Oracle] [Grave Lord] [Outrider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris View Post
You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3
Old 04-06-2020, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to see a GM response on this one way or another. It seems pretty clear what most people want but clearing up any confusion would be great in any case.
100% this, I don't particularly care which one is agreed upon but clarification would save a lot of headaches and drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhord99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dudes. It's super sheisty as it stands. I've seen rolls, then someone shows up late (with clout generally from a top-end raid guild tag) and demands a re-roll, after the original rollers already took off, and the person about to turn-in is put into an awkward spot (esp. if they're not used to dealing with sheisters from the top guild(s) on server). Do it like scout.
I've seen this too many times as well, thus this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs616 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ITT, guy who sells ring 9 MQs really wants a GM ruling that says other people must help him.
Interesting that your first thought turned to greed as being the motivating factor. Actually, I was one of the three people who voted for the first option of rolling the same time every day. I can do the entire fight solo, so changing the roll to an everyone participates situation allows even more people to show up and roll, including random level 5 alts and stuff. That would be the option that benefits me the least.

Also, do you think I somehow manipulated the results of the poll to force 67 people (80% as of now) to vote for changing to scout roll rules? Re-read my original post and this thread up until now, all of my posts were neutral and I stayed out of the discussion. The only thing I have repeatedly said is that it would be to the benefit of everyone to have an official set of rules in place. The poll turned out the way it did because that's apparently what the majority of the server wants.

ITT we have someone named cs616 making poor use of the few brain cells he / she has left.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:07 PM
Kobold

FWIW I would like to see all server agreement rolls change to rolling after pop, but also have no mandate to help other rollers. People just bring low level/unhelpful characters and wait for their handout. Forcing you to have your own kill force would curb that immensely.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FWIW I would like to see all server agreement rolls change to rolling after pop, but also have no mandate to help other rollers. People just bring low level/unhelpful characters and wait for their handout. Forcing you to have your own kill force would curb that immensely.
When the people present aren't enough to do it, then start complaining.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean now you're either asking:

5x the number of people to show up so each person has their group ready for their roll.

Or

The turn in to be pushed back by half an hour each time. So the winner can assemble a group.
Closed Thread