Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-12-2011, 01:44 AM
Sarnak

Default Am I missing files for Kunark?

So I installed Titanium and the p99 files last year and only recently came back for Kunark. When I got ported to Dreadlands, EQ crashed and a message came up saying "Cannot find the zone file for Dreadlands". I unzipped the new v9 files from the starting page into my EQ directory but that didn't fix it. Was I supposed to download Kunark files from somewhere as well?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Kobold

There are no kunark files to download that I recall. They should have been installed with titanium.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Fire Giant

If you used one of the early slimming programs you may only have the classic files. Best to start over.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeofunk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I installed Titanium and the p99 files last year and only recently came back for Kunark. When I got ported to Dreadlands, EQ crashed and a message came up saying "Cannot find the zone file for Dreadlands". I unzipped the new v9 files from the starting page into my EQ directory but that didn't fix it. Was I supposed to download Kunark files from somewhere as well?
Did you change your textures here?
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2482

If so, I assume you backed up your .s3d files into a seperate folder? If so you'll need to move some of those back into the EQ folder, as there was only about 383 .srd files for the new textures, but about 1000 .s3d files you backed up.

The easiest way to do this, is to copy all the .s3d files into the EQ folder from your backup folder, but when it asks if you want to overwrite just click "do this for next x files" and choose don't move. That way you copy over everything else, and still retain your new texture files.

If this isn't the case, you will need to reinstall. That's the easiest way to ensure you have all the necessary files.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Kobold

Did you change your textures here?
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2482

If so, did you move all your .s3d files into a seperate folder? If so you'll need to move some of those back into the EQ folder, as there was only about 383 .srd files for the new textures, but about 1000 .s3d files you backed up.

The easiest way to do this, is to copy all the .s3d files into the EQ folder from your backup folder, but when it asks if you want to overwrite just click "do this for next x files" and choose don't move. That way you copy over everything else, and still retain your new texture files.

If this isn't the case, you will need to reinstall. That's the easiest way to ensure you have all the necessary files.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default same

I just ported and received the same message as the game crashed. I have not used any slimming programs or adjusted the .s3d files.. zones work fine on other servers I have been playing on <,<

going to do a fresh install in the marrow will post if have same issue.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Did a repair of the install and everything works, didn't have to do a complete reinstall. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks a lot...
Old 06-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Orc

I just had this happen to me. I tried doing a repair, installing a fresh copy, messing with the texture files and just about everything else I can find. Can someone put the dreadlands.eqg file on here for me? It seems my copy of the discs just flat don't have that file on them, they are ISOs and not physical discs.

Edit: I got frustrated and ran repair on it over and over while thinking of what else I could try and it works now. Go figure?
Last edited by Iaeuvien; 06-30-2012 at 09:34 AM..