Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still not convinced that symbol in the center is Veeshan, the overlap of the Ankh of YDal makes me think it's Mayong although I can't be certain. It could very well be Kerafyrm who was also entrapped in a bubble.... given the new image from above with the "The Future of Everquest 2" text, it looks as if the original central figure has become more important than all others. Again would that be Veeshan (who I believe is dead?), Mayong, or Kerafyrm? Considering Kerafyrm consumed the swords which I interpret to be the hands of destruction he seems to most likely.
Im still convinced its Theer, being that Qeynos Claymore and Soulfire are respectfully his left and right hands.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The middle picture does resemble him alot and notice the symbols in the background perfectly match the ones at the bottom of the detailed Chelsith stone Mixxit originally posted.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Aviak

Regarding the bottom right symbol again.. Erudin and Paineel do not share the same symbol-- I didn't look closely enough at first. But here they are:

Erudin:

Paineel:
Old 06-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still not convinced that symbol in the center is Veeshan, the overlap of the Ankh of YDal makes me think it's Mayong although I can't be certain. It could very well be Kerafyrm who was also entrapped in a bubble.... given the new image from above with the "The Future of Everquest 2" text, it looks as if the original central figure has become more important than all others. Again would that be Veeshan (who I believe is dead?), Mayong, or Kerafyrm? Considering Kerafyrm consumed the swords which I interpret to be the hands of destruction he seems to most likely.
I've been following this thread and it's been incredibly interesting.

From what I've read from yourself and other posters, I'm am also second guessing who this actually is. I am now also leading towards Kerafyrm.

IF this symbol is supposed to represent not only history, but a prediction to the future, then, like you suggest this Figure should still exist within our time. I'm taking 'our time' to be what EQ1 is currently at now.

Kerafyrm has recently been defeated - although was not killed. Simply put back to sleep. It might be good for someone who actually did this event on Live who understood the lore behind to post what they can. From what I can seem to read, it would appear even though he was close to death, was stopped from being killed. Why?

If he has indeed consumed these 'God killer' weapons, surely the dragons want him kept alive. With Kerafyrm's destruction, surely destroys the only way for the dragons to ever defeat the Gods? Maybe Kerafyrm could be used against the Gods as an actual weapon?
Old 06-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via ICQ to Qaedain Send a message via AIM to Qaedain Send a message via MSN to Qaedain

The "Veeshan" image could be a dual symbol.

If this is the diagram that depicts the beginning AND the end of the world, then it is appropriate to put an imagine relevant to both events in the center. It could easily be Veeshan and Kerafyrm.

//EDIT: Hell, it could be Theer, too, a triumvirate of powers represented by the same logo, depicting three aspects of the same force of destruction.
Last edited by Qaedain; 06-09-2010 at 07:53 PM..
Old 06-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Aviak

These look familiar?

The first is on the elevator going up to the tower in Mistmoore

.... which leads to the well known:

If this is truly the symbol of Veeshan, why is it found prominently like a stamped seal of approval within the Mistmoore Castles whom is known to hate the dragonkin.?

Also:

From the halls of the Frozen Tower of Shadow, ruled by Tserrina Syl`Tor; supposed former lover of Mayong Mistmoore. The tower stands in ruined, rumored to have come under the wraith of the mistress from her rejection by Mayong.(Perhaps non-cannon..? Though there is evidence to support their connection within the tower itself)
Old 06-09-2010, 08:43 PM
The Protector of Sunder

Alright check this out. Notice how the Ankh of Ydal overlaps the central image.

Now look at what is brandished on Mayong's face?

And where do find this image by itself?

Also who can place this image? Does it look familiar? It's from EQ2 and the peacock questline.

http://loreofnorrath.files.wordpress...01/tomb-of.jpg
Old 06-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Orc

Good find Deric! It's interesting that this symbol is present in Velious. This could prove important.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via ICQ to Qaedain Send a message via AIM to Qaedain Send a message via MSN to Qaedain

Castle Mistmoore is one of the last fortresses of the Empire of Caerthiel. Caerthiel predates the Dark Elves and Mistmoore, which is why it's not unreasonable for the logo to be present throughout, despite the fact that ol' Mayong hates dragons.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Orc

There is an interesting Article located here:

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...9-The-Teir-dal

It explains a possible relationship between Veeshan and the dark elves. You guys who are top notch on lore might be able to de-cipher this better.

It also claims that the symbol being discussed is 'the symbol of Veeshan' according to this. It also mentions certain symbol positions in Norrath that i'm trying to hunt down since the image links are no longer working.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:39 PM
The Protector of Sunder

Default .

That's the PoS release GM event, part of what is currently going on. The Stone of Chelsith is something else however which Mixxit has connected. As far as I can tell there has been no linear GM event like Ghaz and his part are experiencing although parts from many other GM events have made an appearance.

Sky will be coming soon though, how soon? I'd say a month at the most and week at the least.
Closed Thread