Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 02-06-2022, 04:11 PM
Kobold

We need Gustoo here to tell us it's ok for everyone to have a dozen max level characters because if makes pvp more fun or something
Old 02-06-2022, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Reebz you got me all wrong. On my theory quest box by the time the server level cap hits level 60 and people have multiple alts hit 60 at the same time the game is over anyways

It also means that there would be a whole pile of people at level 50 waiting for the level 55 or 60 cap to release so fighting like animals at all the level 50 plus loot and exp areas. Some dude might have a stack of level 50s built up with shit hear (cuz you can’t box on this server) but he’s gunna be getting his ass kicked by the guy who focused on one character or maybe two.

Not sure what better alternative you have in mind. I want slow exp with hard level caps to keep people bunched together below level 50 and then below level 60 in order to stretch out the progression and de incentivize the drugs play style.

Drugs guys are always going to play and do their best but this method would allow even a guy like Knuckle to bare knuckle box his rogue to the level cap in each series while having more pvp than he could eat along the way.

Tell me a better way?.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-06-2022, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

new people, shits stale.
Old 02-06-2022, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't in neriak, rivervale or in freeport when we checked last day of classic, but was used by some of the top tier pvp rankers in pvp the same day, seems drugboxy 2 me

As for the xp, it doesn't need to be classic levels of xp, but it takes a day to get 50, seems sorta broken to me. That means everyone needs all character classes in their stable and it feels like red99 instantly where you can just throw bodies at pvp.

The whole lock out mechanic in pvp is literally bypassed by sweaty nerds leveling a million different chars to 50, why even bother having the lockout if there are 10 toons per player and by the time you have died on your last toon you can just summon your body and repeat the process.
Kinda funny you say exp is too fast yet here we are people have put in 50+ hours since kunark launch with double ench groups and still no lvl 60s
Old 02-06-2022, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We need Gustoo here to tell us it's ok for everyone to have a dozen max level characters because if makes pvp more fun or something
Wait you don’t have him muted like the rest of us? Lol behind the times
Old 02-06-2022, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kringe has always been working and lobbyquesting directly with the GMs in order to "fix mages" on each and every drugbox. This has been going on for 10 years+, if its not pets quadding for max damage and never missing its them being unrootable because Kringe convinced some GM its a good idea to let pets have the same resist as their owner.
nah I wrote the pet resist code on RoZ 2.0 because mages were and always are absolute trash past classic without classic resist rates (higher pet MR = higher chance to resist root/snare etc.); kringe had nothing to do with it

on every single other emu server, pet resist values have not mattered really whatsoever, so every pet is always immediately crowd controlled

I told voidd that leaving that resist system in without tweaks for classic would probably make pet classes too strong, but he ignored it and then added dumb focus items for mages, only to exacerbate the issue

the owner's resists have nothing to do with whether a pet can be crowd controlled, this is a rumor started by an announcement voidd made where he had no idea how pet resists worked. the pet's actual MR is what matters, and pets follow the same resist calculations that players do. for example, if a pet has 70 MR, they are effectively as hard to CC as a player with 70 MR. the level 49 magician pets have a base MR of 26, so without buffs/items, they're as easy to CC as a naked player, at which point CC effects land very often.

tl;dr pet owners are rewarded for buffing their pet and protecting its buffs, shit's classic

I was top 5 of the leaderboard for the entirety of the first 2 weeks when I played, and I never had issues with pets because I would just pumice off their MR buff and then root landed almost every cast
Old 02-06-2022, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

HAHAHAHA
Old 02-06-2022, 08:05 PM
Fire Giant

They didn’t use cwalls pet code from 2 years ago not sure why he’s still commenting. We’ve already proven that it’s going off pet owner resist, it’s easy to test, load up a naked char, MR buff it, try to root.. it’ll land 90% of the time, now load up a pet (as a mage with resist gear) and MR it, root will land 25% of the time. It was busted, luckily they disabled pets zoning with buffs for kunark so that has helped a bit.

Also he was “top 5” as a pet class while they were busted, what do ya know.
Old 02-06-2022, 08:13 PM
Sarnak

we tested resist rates on pets summoned by a mage with well over 100 magic resist, and root landed almost every cast on it

I'd like to see proof that the owner's magic resist impacts pet resist rate, because it aligns neither with the code I wrote (that they have verified they are still using) nor the testing we did in-game
Old 02-06-2022, 08:15 PM
Fire Giant

My proof is with the GMs, it’s a big reason why we got pets zoning without buffs now, was the easiest fix for now. I know you haven’t played in 2-3 weeks though (quit) so I wouldn’t expect you to understand what’s going on, meaning don’t comment like you do.