Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 12-30-2011, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Default Whirl Till You Hurl

There's a reason this didn't work on live. Like fear it should also be disabled in PVP. 20 second stuns that are spammable before the cool down refreshes and the stun wears off should not be on this server.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a reason this didn't work on live. Like fear it should also be disabled in PVP. 20 second stuns that are spammable before the cool down refreshes and the stun wears off should not be on this server.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:53 AM
Banned

yawn, root refreshes before i can cast a pumice and I can't break with selos.

this spell had NUMEROUS versions in the year 1999. this rendition is in line with what I played
Old 12-30-2011, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

Root is a movement modifier. Whirl till you hurl is a stun.

Like I will literally be nuked from full hp to zero in the duration of one whirl till you hurl before it breaks. I don't understand how you can even argue that this shit should be the way it is whenever charm and fear aren't working.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Like I am well aware of the fact that having a high enough MR will make you immune to whirl but with tash that is also completely irrelevant.

I've also dropped redcon players (Dotchya) while they were stunlocked the entire time from whirl. For 20 plus seconds they stood there unable to do anything while chain nuked upon, etc.

If this shit isn't going to be adjusted correctly then there needs to be some sort of check that breaks it as soon as someone takes damage. Eating full nukes under tash while being stunned for the entire duration from 100% to 0% is approaching moronic levels. Cast is simply trolling because half of Holocaust rolled enchanters to abuse this game mechanic.

Wands fixed, mage swords fixed, now lets fix whirl till you hurl. Keep working towards balancing the server and the population will improve.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wands fixed, mage swords fixed, now lets fix whirl till you hurl. Keep working towards balancing the server and the population will improve.
Fighting the good fight.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this spell had NUMEROUS versions in the year 1999. this rendition is in line with what I played
So you only played the first 2 weeks of EQ? The whirl line was the first spell nerf in the history of EQ after a group hit level 50 solely by perma-whirling everything.

In other words, you're lying again.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:01 PM
Kobold

The only time I used it on live was spamming it on myself as a novelty, because it was useless otherwise. Resisted atleast 9 out of 10 times.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Is this gonna get looked at? or we leaving a 10+ sec stun spell in? its landing too much right now and game breaking.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this gonna get looked at? or we leaving a 10+ sec stun spell in? its landing too much right now and game breaking.
No its classic, I'm sorry you didn't have foresight into what PVP was like circa 1999, welcome to everquest.