Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 06:12 AM
Kobold

After this happened, ive got to spent time with my family, they seems to be cool people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-03-2014, 06:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
time to buy rust
get dayz, rust sucks
Old 01-03-2014, 06:37 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With all due respect Sirken, isn't it inappropriate to instill this kind of policy on the entirety of the server?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not everyone should be held accountable for the actions of the guilds that could not come to an agreement within your allotted time frame.
you are foolish if you think the raid scene is the way it is because of one or two guilds. the reason all the guilds were suspended is because we hold them all accountable for the current raiding environment.

Quote:
I understand that this is your server, and I understand that we're playing here for free and I'm sure most of us appreciate everything that you guys do for us, but this project exists after all, because of us, not albeit us.
Without the fans, there is no P1999 community, and this in my opinion, everything else aside, is not an appropriate way to treat the community.
Correction, this server exists because Nilbog and Rogean wanted to see if they could make a truly classic EQ experience. and if other people had a want for classic EQ they were encouraged to try it out. if you think we owe you anything at all, you are mistaken.

Quote:
If the guilds that were meant to all be a part of this decision making process could not come to an agreement, then whichever guilds weren't willing to agree to any arrangement should be the ones who cannot raid, going forward. I mean, I'm not even in a guild right now, but if I made one for example, with every intention of sharing at that, then it's not right for this rule to apply to those of us who weren't the culprits who refused to get along.
the casual raiding guilds agreed on one thing, the hardcore raiding guilds agreed on something else. that is by definition the epitome of disagreement. since you're not in a raiding guild, and probably have no idea whats been going on, i'll shed some light on it for you. the guilds have been instructed to reach an agreement that benefits all guilds both current and future. so far both sides have only made deals which benefit their own needs. the casual raiding guilds all agreed to go from 10% of all raid targets to 50% of all raid targets (OMG WAT A SHOCK DER), and the hardcore raiding guilds agreed to give up ~7 days a month. that is not even close to a fair agreement, and is no surprise that the hardcore guilds said no.

Quote:
I've been calling out for fairness and a way for the guilds to share this content for quite some time now. I've even brought up raid rotations as something I felt fair and just. I just don't believe that this is in the best of taste to subjugate all of the community based on those who wouldn't share.
And mind you I'll reiterate here that I'm not even in a guild. None of my characters are, so I am not raiding either way. This is a statement of principle and nothing more.
there are fair ways to do it, thats about the only correct part of your post, and i believe there are two good proposals currently in the raid forum. and allow me to reiterate something as well, rotations are stupid. they remove every and all chance for competition/racing for mobs between guilds. if you want instances or triggered spawns there are tons of other MMOs out there like that. but the competition/racing for mobs aspect is one of the major things that set Classic EQ apart from other MMOs, and is here to stay in some fashion or another.

TLDR

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 01-03-2014, 06:39 AM
Planar Protector

I just want to say thank you for doing this. Hopefully this will force cooperation and an agreement can be met that is fair to all, not just the top guilds.

edit: sounds like republicans vs democrats
Last edited by Oleris; 01-03-2014 at 06:41 AM..
Old 01-03-2014, 06:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupertox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After this happened, ive got to spent time with my family, they seems to be cool people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1 very nice.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
there are fair ways to do it, thats about the only correct part of your post, and i believe there are two good proposals currently in the raid forum. and allow me to reiterate something as well, rotations are stupid. they remove every and all chance for competition/racing for mobs between guilds. if you want instances or triggered spawns there are tons of other MMOs out there like that. but the competition/racing for mobs aspect is one of the major things that set Classic EQ apart from other MMOs, and is here to stay in some fashion or another.
You say your trying to make it classic as it can be but no one would have been raid banned in REAL classic. Okay that said... Love the server and have for years and years.

I remember years & years back we did it like this: 20 people in zone to claim any raid mob if the raid forced dropped below 20 take a screenshot & claim the mob - simple...
If the raid wiped the other guilds would step aside and the guild that wiped would get something like 30 minutes to re-engage and if they wiped again they lost the mob.

Of course that can NEVER been done again since silly variance was added to mobs.
BTW Also not classic....

So just no offense but he made very valid points about this server and you contradicted yourself about 20 times trying to rebut him.

Anyways I hope you guys figure something out.

But Sirken I just don't get this comment
Quote:
Correction, this server exists because Nilbog and Rogean wanted to see if they could make a truly classic EQ experience. and if other people had a want for classic EQ they were encouraged to try it out. if you think we owe you anything at all, you are mistaken.
truly classic EQ experience.

Good luck with that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-03-2014, 06:51 AM
Planar Protector

Meanwhile...

Old 01-03-2014, 06:55 AM
Fire Giant

Sirken has the right attitude. They owe us nothing. Also I don't donate. So true story.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
allow me to reiterate something as well, rotations are stupid. they remove every and all chance for competition/racing for mobs between guilds. if you want instances or triggered spawns there are tons of other MMOs out there like that. but the competition/racing for mobs aspect is one of the major things that set Classic EQ apart from other MMOs, and is here to stay in some fashion or another.
So can we throw away all that lock out nonsense and the 2 mob bag limit stuff on repops?

Repop days are about the only truly classic mob racing raiding done. Limiting it to 2 per guild means the same guilds are almost always going to go for the same 2 most valuable targets they can get with the least competition/headache.

Lockouts = rotation.

I wouldn't really give a shit if the entire server did a rotation ( or raid mobs just didn't spawn normally), as long as repops were often and they were FFA.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:08 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good luck with that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're referring to rules that were created to deal with specific things that happened specifically on P99 and in the P99 raid scene. way to argue semantics, but fine i accept.

every server on EQLive had different tweaks and twists to their rule sets. some were rotation, some were FFA, some had a tier based system, some honored LNS, some did not, etc. P99 has variance, a feature that SoE did eventually add to some mobs. while its not classic for the time period we felt and still feel that it's a better alternative than 200 people sitting on trakanon's spawn spot.

and the content is closer to classic than anything else, and our dev team continues to work every day on fixing things that are proven to be classic.

and so i give you Project1999 a truly classic EQ experience

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Closed Thread