Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who plays with EQ sound on? :P
Everything but music and thunder.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sewing kits can hold giant sized items though, unlike hand made. And they only cost a few platinum off merchant. Very useful as bank bags where you don't care about WR, and want a lot of storage with no size limit.
The only problem with this was when you could still hit Combine and lose everything in the kit.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only problem with this was when you could still hit Combine and lose everything in the kit.
Sweet Bristlebane, we need this back.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If its just for meat, get an enchanter/wizard/mage/necro research tome... all of the slots, a fraction of the price.
Hopefully not for long...

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=196301
Old 07-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sweet Bristlebane, we need this back.
"we"? "need"? I do not believe that those words are being used properly in the context of your assertion. "we need" != "I want"
Old 07-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"we"? "need"? I do not believe that those words are being used properly in the context of your assertion. "we need" != "I want"
EverQuest in its classic orientation was extremely punishing. Loss of exp before epic clerics were common as dirt, corpse runs from far away bind points, getting lost in dark dungeons with no light source.

Combining and destroying everything inside is yet another example of this. You must be careful where you travel so as to not meet your untimely end, so too must you be careful while you aimlessly click around your inventory, otherwise you may find things getting destroyed.

OR. Completely avoid this by using bags that don't have a combine button. Which is a non issue for most normal players. Hand Made Backpacks are extremely affordable and you only need 1 box of nil space or shralok pack for your giant items.

Those impacted by such a change are mules. And let's be honest here. Someone's mule accidentally destroying 10 items on this server by hitting the combine button wouldn't really be the worst thing... Only 2500 Foreman Tunics are now floating around, heavens no!
Old 07-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[lecture]
Spare me dude, I was there. My EQ experience was not enhanced by accidentally destroying a stack of mats in a tradeskill container. Nor was it enhanced by the stupidity of destroying items with the same stupid little icon, items that weren't even vaguely similar in any other way except the stupid little icon, because the shitty UI made it all too easy to have idiotic non-sensical results. A whip isn't going to be mistaken for a bowstring by a neophyte, let alone a master bowyer. I do not find it challenging to deal with petty sadism in game mechanics because I do not equate annoyance with challenge, sorry.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Seeing as staff already reimburses items for stupid mistakes, I don't see them racing to implement a feature which would cause more.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seeing as staff already reimburses items for stupid mistakes, I don't see them racing to implement a feature which would cause more.
I'm down for reimbursements and corpse respawns to end. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Think of the millions of lost items when people tried new combinations for trade skills and epics.

So much nostalgia.
Closed Thread