Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 05:36 AM
Sarnak

So many shocking things in this thread :

- people don't understand rarety make the price of an item, not the stats
- people think a madman illusion clicky shield would be only 20k
- people think selling overpriced is a scam
- people think an item give an illusion based on a character screenshot, not the actual stat on the item even with a very clear description under said screenshot

I am amazed.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So help me god if that image is removed I will be very sad.

Loramin I feel like you need to be more open minded to what other players here think the wiki is and considers valuable information, I dont think you need to demand it, if someone says something is useful then I think it's worth considering that it might be!

I fail to see how images of players on the wiki to look at to get info about fashion and history is not useful and needs to be eradicated is all.

I find that info useful.
Jibartik, I think you and I are mostly in violent agreement.

I'm NOT saying that picture doesn't belong on the wiki. What I'm saying is, if I go to the wiki wondering "what stats will a Scute Shield have?", I expect to find it on the Scute Shield page. If I go to the wiki looking for "what will a Scute Shield look like on my character?", I also expect to find that on the Scute Shield page.

If I go to the wiki looking for "what did the guy who first got a Scute Shield look like after the GM rewarded him with a desert madman illusion, and what was that guy's name?" I should also be able to find that ... in the appropriate place. We 100% agree on all that.

We can hopefully even agree that it might be helpful to have a link somewhere on the Scute Shield page to the firsts ... but it should not be a giant link/image near the front of the page, it should be a small link towards the bottom. Why? Because 99.9% of the people on that page aren't there to see what illusion the first guy to get the item was given ... they're there for the item's information. Trying to serve 0.01% of people by making things harder for 99.9% doesn't make sense.

And if you think I'm wrong about those percentages, get objective on me! Start a poll, or add Google Analytics to the server first pages and some item pages, and see who visits which more, and how much more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know - I've never seen an episode of Xena: Warrior Princess. I remember it being on around the time MacGyver aired on USA and I'd see maybe the last 2 minutes of an episode while waiting for some RDA action. I should add that to my watch list.

-Mcoy
I've never seen it either and don't specifically recommend it or anything. Xena was just on my mind because I was telling someone about the Dragonlance animated movie, and it had Kiefer Sutherland and Lucy Lawless as voice actors.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jibartik, I think you and I are mostly in violent agreement
lol this is a funny phrase.

You just make sure that wiki will be able to help us completely recreate p99 in 20 years and Im happy hehe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: I too have never once watched an episode of Xena, I wonder if I would like it now.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol this is a funny phrase.

You just make sure that wiki will be able to help us completely recreate p99 in 20 years and Im happy hehe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: I too have never once watched an episode of Xena, I wonder if I would like it now.
Man the back to back Hercules/Xena collabo was dope.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:08 AM
Sarnak

What a great thread. Shame on the scammers. I agree with everyone. Balimon, Jibartik, Loramin. I will upload some more relevant useful screenshots regarding this most excellent shield.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:17 AM
Aviak

no ones paying 18k for a normal kite shield with a useless +9 STA, whoever was trying to sell it was obviously doing some funny business
Old 04-18-2020, 03:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomance22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no ones paying 18k for a normal kite shield with a useless +9 STA, whoever was trying to sell it was obviously doing some funny business
That s actually the best shield tank wise, highest AC, magic and about 40hp and it is super rare.

It s not worth 18k obv but price are always crazy initially 30k mith 2HS anyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] , doubt anyone paid that.

Price is more around 3-4K nowadays anyway.
Closed Thread