Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-30-2014, 03:50 AM
Fire Giant

I got my robe sunday and turned in the KC pipe last so it was some time between then and when you were there.

[Sun Dec 28 12:04:09 2014] Brother Balatin says 'May you have the correct items or lost forever will be all.'
[Sun Dec 28 12:04:13 2014] Brother Balatin says 'May you have the correct items or lost forever will be all.'
[Sun Dec 28 12:04:16 2014] Brother Balatin holds his arms out and a fine robe materializes before your eyes. You grab it just in time to see the skeleton fade from existence.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Bump.

Turned in Cazic Quill + General's Pouch to a freshly spawned Stanos, got Ragebringer on my 60 druid.

The problem with NPC's keeping their quest memory through respawns/deaths is not classic and its a sizeable issue.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

MQ is a classic bug/exploit.

Brad himself said low level characters running around with epics doesn't sound right. It comes down to common sense on whether it was intended or not.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump.

Turned in Cazic Quill + General's Pouch to a freshly spawned Stanos, got Ragebringer on my 60 druid.

The problem with NPC's keeping their quest memory through respawns/deaths is not classic and its a sizeable issue.
bump
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 04-07-2015, 02:53 AM
Aviak

Same thing happened to me as Daldaen 2 days before him with stanos
Old 06-16-2015, 04:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To clarify, I do believe the undeveloped feature of npcs clearing quest inventory on death should happen. This will mechanically eliminate issues post npc death turn ins. However, if an npc is holding a quest item and is not killed, it should hold it until death or its array is cleared on a successful reward.
For the cleric epic, when a Ragefire Heart is handed in to Omat Vastsea, Jhassad Oceanson is spawned on the coast. Jhassad NPC despawns after a set time. Currently, he is spawning with items still in his inventory from when he despawned. A mob that is just spawning should have a clear inventory. There isn't an opportunity to kill him to guarantee a cleared inventory since you have to hand in a ragefire heart to spawn him.

tl;dr Mobs who despawn should have their inventories cleared as if they were killed.

Nilbog do you equate despawning with death as far as inventory clears go?
Old 06-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by towbes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nilbog do you equate despawning with death as far as inventory clears go?
yes
Old 07-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Aviak

Bump for awareness. Let's get these inventories cleared out when mobs despawn!
Old 03-10-2018, 11:51 PM
Aviak

Got hit with this bug, and now have a Orb of Triumviate on my druid. Super bummed out right now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2018, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

If this memory bug cannot be fixed, then I would say aloud, that it is time to mark certain camps as class specific.

Nilbog has said that if you don't want problems, then you should complete the quest yourself without a MQ. I ponder how exactly they expect this to be done when we have Druids Farming Monk No-drop Epic Items, Enchanters Farming Cleric epic no-drop items and on and on. Lets be reasonable here.

Its hard enough to compete with our own classes for these camps, let alone the entire server. While MQing was without question something you could do in classic on live, I don't ever recall MQ auction spam as something that happened much, if at all. Here on P99 its all day long, ALL Day.

I actually am insulted by Nilbogs assertion that I should go camp my epic items myself. Guilds have certain items on lockdown, some items are single spawns and everytime I go check the camp i find a player NOT of the class that needs said item there.

These are not classic problems. I completed 3 epics on live during classic and never ran into another class camping the items I needed. Sure, it was still a pain with wait times. But nothing like it is here.

Mqing is classic

Mq auctions as a regular happening is not classic

People camping no-drop items not for their class is not classic.

Allowing MQing here makes sense, but understand that since EVERYONE knows about it, it has changed gameplay entirely.

If you expect me to complete my epic without MQ, make it so its actually possible, make it so I don't have to compete with the entire server ( as intended A.K.A No-drop items).

Or, realize that MQing has taken a new role on this server, that it never had on live during classic, and that you either need to support MQing, or get rid of it. You cannot have something so pervasive on your server and pretend its not there.