Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 12:06 PM
Aviak

Red face Questions, greetings, and finding old friends.

Hello all!

I was a very active member on P1999 in 2010 (pre-kunrak) but had to take a break due to moving, family, work, and everything else life throws your way.
Previously, I was "Syrie" Silverglade, 50 wood elf druid, and proud member of <Divinity>.
However, I believe the age of that character has now been purged from the P1999 archive, so I'm starting fresh again (which honestly is just as fun, in some ways [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

So, greetings again to all the new players here, and maybe some of my old guild members and friends!
You can find me now as "Crycie", a level 2 DE magician that is the bane of all spiderlings in Nektulos. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Before P1999, I was a rogue named Zhenya on the Erollisi Marr server, <Da`Kor> guild, who was active from 1999-2002.

Introductions aside, I have a few questions after pouring over the forums and re-reading most of the stickies to make myself current about the state of P1999 these days. I'm also knee-deep in getting all my hotkeys, GUI settings, and fingers in order to effectively play EQ again. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I had forgotten how much of a pain it is to get all those menus arranged, transparency settings altered, fonts fixed, and chat windows organized! Sheesh!

Please help me out with answers/clarifications on the following:

1. It seems that Luclin player character models have been disabled due to a potential PVP exploit - correct?

2. It seems that the GUI compass is not enabled due to the fact that it was not available in the pre-Luclin era - correct?

3. As a mage, I have been trying very hard to determine the exact state of the soloing pet XP penalty. I have read several posts that mention a 50% penalty, a 75% penalty, and varying descriptions on whether or not the PC needs to do 1% or 51% minimum damage to be eligible for an XP gain. I also can't seem to determine for certainty what happens to those XP % gains if the pet is dismissed right before the mob is killed.
Please help me clarify exactly what the current pet XP solo rules are.

4. My understanding is that P1999 has absolutely no plans (I hope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) to add any more expansions beyond Velious - correct?

5. Has there ever been talk of P1999 adding another server to either A) restart the classic/kunark/velious progression all over again, or B) start a second classic-ONLY server?

Thanks in advance for your answers/clarifications - and I REALLY hope a few of my old friends and guild members are still around.
See you in game! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-23-2016, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. If the pet outdamages you, you only get half the exp. If you dismiss it early, you get all the exp. If you duo or group, you can keep your pet around.
4.Yes
5. Yes
Old 12-23-2016, 05:36 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the answers!

OK, a few more questions:

1. What does the abbreviation "FTE" mean? I see it in reference to raid discussions a lot.

2. How do you get the "an X has been slain by an X", "you are too far away, get closer", "you cannot see your target", and the "you have slain a X" messages out of your main chat window and into your combat/spell spam chat window? I think I have tried all the filters, and can NOT seem to find the filter that controls those messages!

3. Are the following channels serverwide or local?
- OOC
- Shout
- Auction

Thanks again for the help. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-23-2016, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

1. FTE is first to engage. They are usually announced by yellow text throughout the zone. Mob engages Soandso.

2. Try going to the filter for combat and clicking on the one that says ALL? If that doesn't work, try other options. I'm away from my computer atm so I'm not familiar which options there are. I know they're are a few tricky ones.

3. Nothing is serverwide unless it's from a GM/guide. All of those are zone specific.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:29 PM
Aviak

Thanks again!

Also, more questions again. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1. Are spellsets currently supported? Or is that GUI functionality disabled?

2. When items are consumed from inventory, does the program pull down the left inventory column and then down the right? Or does it pull from top row, then second row, etc. ?

3. Dark Elf racial hide is currently only IV, not IV + IVU correct?
Old 12-25-2016, 09:53 AM
Aviak

(sorry, can't seem to edit posts in this forum - additional questions below)

4. If a summoned pet (which is considered magic) is given non-magic weapons to hold/equip, does the pet then lose its ability to hit magic creatures?

5. Does more expensive NPC-sold food last longer than cheaper NPC food?
Old 12-25-2016, 03:10 PM
Fire Giant

I remember you! Welcome back Syrie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 12-25-2016, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

1. No. Unfortunately.

2. I forget, but I want to say left (top to bottom) then right.

3. Yes, hide is not IVU.

4. I believe in that situation, it would only affect its ability to dual-wield. I don't think it does anything else unless it has a proc (or stats.)

5. Food and drink are broken. Everything is the same. Buying milk and muffins is the same as any other food in duration.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auvdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember you! Welcome back Syrie!
Cheers Auvdar, glad to be back. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-25-2016, 10:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. No. Unfortunately.

2. I forget, but I want to say left (top to bottom) then right.

3. Yes, hide is not IVU.

4. I believe in that situation, it would only affect its ability to dual-wield. I don't think it does anything else unless it has a proc (or stats.)

5. Food and drink are broken. Everything is the same. Buying milk and muffins is the same as any other food in duration.
Thanks for all the answers, RDawg! Much appreciated.
Closed Thread