Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 05:16 PM
Kobold

Yeah It's definatly about who can amass the most plat no doubt about it.
Guess it was always that way, just now its everyone doing it .
Old 05-29-2021, 02:52 AM
Kobold

Anyone else try Mischief's server launch. I paid the 15 bucks and basically made 10 characters but couldn't will myself to play them. I liked the idea of random rare and raid loot but Live is still not making an attempt to give a classic experience which turns me off and when I found out it was only going to be in classic for a month that killed all my enthusiasm entirely. I only found out about the server on launch day so I was going in semi blind. I decided I'd rather play the exact same character on P99 then Live. So that ended that.
Old 05-29-2021, 03:32 AM
Orc

The awesome people in my guild and the friends I made on P99 have made it worth playing.

If you ONLY focus on the numerous dirtbags, elf lawyers, and neckbeards on the server, OR unrealistically expect a pure classic experience then of course your enthusiasm for the game will wane.
Old 05-29-2021, 04:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Account sharing was bannable if you said you shared it with anyone.
I don't think this is accurate, or it depended on the CSR that you talked to.

On live I shared my login with guild officers to use my druid for mobilization when I wasn't online. One officer gave the login to another person who stripped my account, deathlooped my druid from 60 to like 42 and changed the PW. I called in to recover, said someone I shared info with changed the PW on me and they reset my PW and restored everything. Took like 5 days for a senior GM to get to me though.

Edit: this occurred in Luclin era
Old 06-01-2021, 03:51 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
am I the only who logs in shouts LFG and then pugs for a few hours around here??

EQ is always what YOU make of it.
This is all I do, and I like it. I don't understand most of OP's complaints, like:

Everyone a solo class? I play a cleric, man. The only time I was soloing was in Unrest or Kithicor at night, and it wasn't exactly fast or easy. Lists are annoying but necessary. Of course the most rewarding zones are competitive.
Old 06-06-2021, 12:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Half of the Green server is either druid or Necro. But it’s about the pp farming, not necessarily the solo’ing

It was a new server and so everyone started out with no money. Rolling something like a ranger with a xp penalty or a troll sk with an even bigger xp penalty and old (bad) knight damage tables and zero twink money is kind of a bad idea. No offense to anyone who did, more power to ya

Most people’s first char on a brand new server is going to be a farming class
Bummer. I'm currently on a TLP and it's hot garbage. Feels like I'm playing WoW. I'm considering coming back to p99 and rolling necro for the simple fact that I enjoy the solitary leveling of killing guards and such if I want to. Based on what I am reading in this thread, a lot of people started with necros and druids to farm plat to fun their eventual mains? Has that subsided at all since launch?
Old 06-06-2021, 05:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The awesome people in my guild and the friends I made on P99 have made it worth playing.

If you ONLY focus on the numerous dirtbags, elf lawyers, and neckbeards on the server, OR unrealistically expect a pure classic experience then of course your enthusiasm for the game will wane.
True. Nothing will ever be truly Classic because of all the knowledge and tools we have today. Short of giving us all lobotomies, it just can't happen.

It is classic enough for me though. Seeing people in most zones at most hours, people caring about the old world factions and such (I feel accomplished just being a human in Grobb), gives me enough of that nostalgia trip I remember from the actual year 1999.
Old 06-07-2021, 09:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Delete red, and bring back teal ffs.
How about merge everything into RED and turn on the PVP... at least Blue for starters? Grow a pair and PVP for your camps for a change.

I've lurked around this project for a while now, and time after time I see god awful phrases like "rule etiquette", "camp disputes" and "elf lawyers". Is this how you nerds envision reliving the nostalgia of Classic EverQuest? Sitting on lists? Zerging bosses down the instant they spawn with 0 risk? /sigh

History repeats itself with every fresh server launch... since forever. Doesn't matter the MMO...the same thing happens. The tryhards and neckbeards RACE to the top...get bored, get sad, and burn themselves out.

Every EQ problem can be solved via PVP. Even boredom. Think on that for a moment.

Repent your bluebie sins...join RED today, and kill somebody for once. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 06-07-2021, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bummer. I'm currently on a TLP and it's hot garbage. Feels like I'm playing WoW. I'm considering coming back to p99 and rolling necro for the simple fact that I enjoy the solitary leveling of killing guards and such if I want to. Based on what I am reading in this thread, a lot of people started with necros and druids to farm plat to fun their eventual mains? Has that subsided at all since launch?
have you always had this avatar? I am having nostalgia looking at it, I seem to recall looking at it loop wondering what it was all about when I first started playing here.
Old 06-07-2021, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes
Closed Thread