Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's only an issue with a few drops (Manastone, Guise, Beads really).

The thing is these items were never as contested on live because players didn't know that the devs were later going to remove them from the game. Here, we have that advance knowledge and so player behavior on green would be much different than live.

It might not be popular POV but I would say these items shouldn't exist on green. On live they weren't retroactively removed because it would have been unfair to those that had earned them.
i'd say let them drop because classic but only allow no-drops to be moved at the end of the timeline

so you end up with a fun server and a pixel empire server. win-win
Old 12-16-2017, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

no lock down rule only leads to instancing.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This (100% classic) rule alone would solve everything. Oh you want some Holgresh Elder Beads?

Old way: If you're the first person there you hold camp as long as you can while getting as many beads as possible, then give the camp to a friend to get as many beads as they can. If you're not first you have to show up, outlast whoever got their first AND any friends they may invite to takeover the camp, and then if you somehow manage that now you get to monopolize the camp for as long as possible.

New way: Just like OOT AC: after you kill a Holgresh Elder (or maybe after you loot a beads, but that'd be hard to prove since no one can see whether you looted them or not) you have to give the camp to the next person in line. If you want to keep going you have to go to the back of the line, and if you don't a GM will happily give you a suspension for ignoring the server rules.
The other part you didnt quote was the guides saying whoever gets the mob first gets it which is FTE... Later you go on to claim FTE wasnt classic. I played throughout classic on live and never once remember a rotation on a 1 group camp enforced. The closest i remember was a gm coming in and kicking some people out of sky who were camped on the last island after the guild i was in cleared all the way up. But that is in no way the same.... You are using a conversation without any proof of implementation as evidence.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The other part you didnt quote was the guides saying whoever gets the mob first gets it which is FTE... Later you go on to claim FTE wasnt classic. I played throughout classic on live and never once remember a rotation on a 1 group camp enforced. The closest i remember was a gm coming in and kicking some people out of sky who were camped on the last island after the guild i was in cleared all the way up. But that is in no way the same.... You are using a conversation without any proof of implementation as evidence.
I think you might be mistaken: show me where I claimed that FTE wasn't classic. Also, if the instruction manual for staff during the Kunark era doesn't convince you that something was classic, I'm not sure what could convince you, especially since (as I already noted earlier) different GMs did different things on different servers.

But since you have such passion against people sharing in EQ, what would you propose as a better system?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-16-2017 at 11:56 PM..
Old 12-17-2017, 07:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you might be mistaken: show me where I claimed that FTE wasn't classic. Also, if the instruction manual for staff during the Kunark era doesn't convince you that something was classic, I'm not sure what could convince you, especially since (as I already noted earlier) different GMs did different things on different servers.

But since you have such passion against people sharing in EQ, what would you propose as a better system?
If you want a "better system" then play on a different server. The GMs rules obviously weren't enforced universally and using a handful of examples from personal experience is not proof of anything and is anecdotal at best. This server handles camps the same exact way xev did during live. If different GMs responding differently is classic then why are you even bitching for a universal rule?

Just because you don't have enough friends to lock down king doesn't mean someone else should be forced to share with you. I mean fuck, they don't even force kids to share in elementary schools anymore, if they ever did. You sure do like to assume that every idea you come up with is somehow a beniifit to the server...
Last edited by Maner; 12-17-2017 at 07:19 PM..
Old 12-17-2017, 07:55 PM
Aviak

IP Lore Item (same as two people can't share an IP). Simple solution, one item per ISP. No idea if that is feasible or not though.
Last edited by aubie; 12-17-2017 at 07:57 PM..
Old 12-17-2017, 08:08 PM
Banned

maner "if you want things to be better, play a different server"

listen to this wise man and catch me on takp. pm if you want help starting
Old 12-17-2017, 08:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IP Lore Item (same as two people can't share an IP). Simple solution, one item per ISP. No idea if that is feasible or not though.
So don't roll alts. You get one character who can get all the loot on p99 after that you're done. Great idea with a super outlook towards the longevity of the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maner "if you want things to be better, play a different server"

listen to this wise man and catch me on takp. pm if you want help starting
The least you could do is copy my actual comment poke. It ruins your narrative but at least it's honest. Personally I think this server is the best out of the options in EMU. If you and Lora disagree no one is stopping you from using the door. In fact I doubt anyone would even notice if both of you just disappeared.
Last edited by Maner; 12-17-2017 at 08:12 PM..
Old 12-17-2017, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want a "better system" then play on a different server.
hit me up yowl happy to save some souls
Old 12-17-2017, 08:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
So don't roll alts. You get one character who can get all the loot on p99 after that you're done. Great idea with a super outlook towards the longevity of the server.
Not every item. I thought we were talking about super rare poopsocking items; not just good items. But way to go to the extreme.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread