Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not every item. I thought we were talking about super rare poopsocking items; not just good items. But way to go to the extreme.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who gets to decide what is a "super rare poopsocking item"? The example given was king, how many fungi tunics are on the server right now? that obviously isn't a super rare anything. Do you mean something like elder beads? there was an actual GM enforced rotation on that due to a player made agreement and a list that was 5-8 days long...

Right now people like Lora are complaining due to a feeling of self entitlement where they want rules made to cater to their specific play style. The only person whose play style this server would cater to would be Rogean's. Just because you didn't get a chance to camp the king in seb last week doesn't mean anything needs to be fixed.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right now people like Lora are complaining due to a feeling of self entitlement where they want rules made to cater to their specific play style. The only person whose play style this server would cater to would be Rogean's. Just because you didn't get a chance to camp the king in seb last week doesn't mean anything needs to be fixed.
Everyone's entitled. I feel like all players who are willing to spend enough time are entitled to a chance at "so powerful they were removed from the game" items, just like they are for any other item (and just like the Kunark GM manual specified). No one guarantees you a fungi, but if you spend enough time trying to get king groups in Seb you'll get one eventually.

You feel like a one or a handful of the most dedicated people should have the server rules written in a way that entitle them and their friends to a monopoly over those items.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-17-2017 at 10:38 PM..
Old 12-17-2017, 11:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone's entitled. I feel like all players who are willing to spend enough time are entitled to a chance at "so powerful they were removed from the game" items, just like they are for any other item (and just like the Kunark GM manual specified). No one guarantees you a fungi, but if you spend enough time trying to get king groups in Seb you'll get one eventually.

You feel like a one or a handful of the most dedicated people should have the server rules written in a way that entitle them and their friends to a monopoly over those items.
No, i feel that those willing to put in the time and effort deserve to benefit from it. Not be forced to share cause some spoiled self entitled brat complains about monopolization. I personally haven't camped the king is probably over a year if not two years. I could care less who monopolizes it as it is there right to do so. Please show me where this server is or has ever been advertised as a way for everyone to go back and experience everything. Show me where you are guaranteed your "turn" at any camp. Clearly the real problem is your assumptions coming in were based purely on your misconception about the server. You can experience everything, but you have to be willing to commit the time in order to do so. That is classic everquest.

You could of had your chance at those items before they were removed. I personally remember waiting over a week for my name to come up in the elder beads cave. I am sorry that you feel you should have been able to walk right in and make demands of people waiting days for their turn. That just screams entitlement though

You keep quoting this "kunark GM manual" and yet if it was an actual rule book for GMs then it would have been enforced unilaterally which you even admit it wasn't. Therefore it is proof of nothing, good intentions don't equate to specified rules.
Last edited by Maner; 12-17-2017 at 11:20 PM..
Old 12-17-2017, 11:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want a "better system" then play on a different server. The GMs rules obviously weren't enforced universally and using a handful of examples from personal experience is not proof of anything and is anecdotal at best. This server handles camps the same exact way xev did during live. If different GMs responding differently is classic then why are you even bitching for a universal rule?

Just because you don't have enough friends to lock down king doesn't mean someone else should be forced to share with you. I mean fuck, they don't even force kids to share in elementary schools anymore, if they ever did. You sure do like to assume that every idea you come up with is somehow a beniifit to the server...
Your opinion doesn't matter. Your experience on your server doesn't matter. Unless you were an employee, guide or GM in classic everquest then all you were was a single player out of a a million or so who had no idea how the internal petition process operated.

What I linked was classic posts and threads from the community service manager, guides, GMs and in classic time period players stating that rotations were classic official rules, were enforced, describing them being enforced on multiple servers over extended periods.

That's what matters.

Edit: Also play on TAKP as well as P1999, main reason I made the move - the P1999 PnP makes it just another emulated server, there is no real feeling of original EQ left in it. It has the mechanics of EQ classic, the player base of EvE Online and the rules of Sirken.
Last edited by Ikon; 12-17-2017 at 11:33 PM..
Old 12-17-2017, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your opinion doesn't matter. Your experience on your server doesn't matter. Unless you were an employee, guide or GM in classic everquest then all you were was a single player out of a a million or so who had no idea how the internal petition process operated.

What I linked was classic posts and threads from the community service manager, guides, GMs and in classic time period players stating that rotations were classic official rules, were enforced, describing them being enforced on multiple servers over extended periods.

That's what matters.
No, you linked forum posts with literally no proof except anecdotal evidence that they were enforced sporadically and not uniformly which is what it would require for there to be any change here. Were you an employee guide or GM? do you have a copy of this kunark GM manual you claim has all these rules in it or just excerpts from random forums? If as you claim i have no place to talk, then why the fuck are you opening your mouth?

There were no officials enforcing rotations on the server i played on. I did not use that as evidence to say that there were no enforced rotations on other servers, stop assuming. I used it as evidence that your so called GM manual wasn't enforced on every server and you haven't even established that it was even given to all guides and GMs. I never stated my opinion. i stated how this server has been run, and will most likely continue to run. They aren't here to cater to you and those who feel like they should be given everything without having to invest the amount others already invest. That was my opinion, however it is supported by sirken who told those like you where the door was.

You clearly believe however that your opinion somehow carries more weight... I guess its because you are now invested in your so called "proof" and cant handle being incorrect. All that matters is the experiences people had on their servers, since they seem to differ with your so called rule book, it obviously wasn't an actual rule book...

If you want to experience everything then go get a job and play on agnarr where your schedule can be catered to by all kinds of guilds.
Last edited by Maner; 12-17-2017 at 11:32 PM..
Old 12-17-2017, 11:36 PM
Banned

love it or leave it is dumb garbage from the bush administration and i invite you to get a clue and join us in 2017
Old 12-18-2017, 12:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
No, you linked forum posts with literally no proof except anecdotal evidence that they were enforced sporadically and not uniformly which is what it would require for there to be any change here. Were you an employee guide or GM? do you have a copy of this kunark GM manual you claim has all these rules in it or just excerpts from random forums? If as you claim i have no place to talk, then why the fuck are you opening your mouth?

There were no officials enforcing rotations on the server i played on. I did not use that as evidence to say that there were no enforced rotations on other servers, stop assuming. I used it as evidence that your so called GM manual wasn't enforced on every server and you haven't even established that it was even given to all guides and GMs. I never stated my opinion. i stated how this server has been run, and will most likely continue to run. They aren't here to cater to you and those who feel like they should be given everything without having to invest the amount others already invest. That was my opinion, however it is supported by sirken who told those like you where the door was.

You clearly believe however that your opinion somehow carries more weight... I guess its because you are now invested in your so called "proof" and cant handle being incorrect. All that matters is the experiences people had on their servers, since they seem to differ with your so called rule book, it obviously wasn't an actual rule book...

If you want to experience everything then go get a job and play on agnarr where your schedule can be catered to by all kinds of guilds.
Lets take an analytical approach to this:

Gordon Wrinn:

Gordon Wrinn entered the gaming profession in December of 1999 as the Internet Relations Manager for EverQuest. After 9 months in that position, he was promoted to the role of Associate Producer on EverQuest expansions. Following several expansions, and fame in many online, print, TV, and movie media forums, he moved to be a programmer on EverQuest 2. He and two other programmers were responsible for roughly 90% of the gameplay code at the launch of EverQuest 2.

Quote:
Date : 10/03/2000

Topic : Play Nice, Or...

This came of the official EverQuest message boards.
Kill Stealing Policy :

Kill Stealing is now officially defined as Killing an NPC or Mob for any reason, that is already attacking another player. Any player that is caught intentionally kill stealing by a guide or GM may now be warned. These warnings when accumulated, can lead to the player being suspended or banned from EverQuest by a GM.

Play Nice Policy :

Spawns in the game can no longer be claimed or controlled by a single player or group. Whether it is a single or multiple spawn, for an item or for XP, low or high level, all groups wishing to camp a spawn must work out some type of rotation or means to share the spawn.

This information somehow got leaked before we were ready to comment on it, hence it showing up on the boards before we had a chance to talk to you about it.
I'll have a new Producer's Letter up early next week to address the new rules, how they are going to be enforced, and the spirit behind the letter.

- Gordon
We have here the most important and relevant type of information, that of an original developer, an official post, describing the official rules of EQ at the time, in the era that P1999 is in.

Now show us your links and information that discredit this? No? Can't? Yeah...

Here's another from Gordon - Does what he describes sound like what's been happening on P1999 for years? Yes, It, Does:

Quote:
The Play Nice Policies were created because a growing number of customers were being subordinated by other, more powerful, groups of players. These other groups would claim "ownership" of spawns, loot drops, and even entire zones, refusing to allow other people a chance to experience them. On some servers, guilds had certain areas camped 24x7.

The play nice policies, in regards to spawns and camping, are designed to promote equal access to the areas. If a group can get into a room, they have as much right to be there as anyone else. Are the policies perfect? No, of course what is? No matter what policy we adopt, there will be people who are helped by the policy, and others that are hurt. Sometimes the policy may help them in one instance and hurt in another.

As I've mentioned in the past, if anyone has any ideas for policies that are easy to understand, are enforcable, do not require a larger CS team than before or after the Play nice policies, and will please everyone, I'd be happy to discuss them. - Gordon
One can also reasonably infer given the highlighted texts, that the new PnP did not involve considerable new resources over the old petition system.
Last edited by Ikon; 12-18-2017 at 12:23 AM..
Old 12-18-2017, 01:49 AM
Fire Giant

So your own "evidence" confirms that nothing was actually put into place and he was in fact looking into a PnP and was asking others for feedback... Those quotes in no way prove that there was an all encompassing Play nice policy that was ever put into place.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:08 AM
Kobold

There is so much selective dumb in this thread.

Fact. P99 is not classic and never will be. But, it provides the best and closest experience that exists. Kudos to the developers for that.

This thread is proof that any imaginary future server should never exist.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
So your own "evidence" confirms that nothing was actually put into place and he was in fact looking into a PnP and was asking others for feedback... Those quotes in no way prove that there was an all encompassing Play nice policy that was ever put into place.
You must be smoking some pretty good stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread