Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 11:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What?

Maner do you not comprehend English, or do you not read what others post and just comment to yourself what you want to think others wrote?

Clearly Ikon posted a direct quote from Gordon, and it says...

Gordon wrote that the PnP WAS CREATED ffs dude. Just stop this you sound dumb and I know you are not dumb. Just stop. Please.

Ironically, what "Gordon" wrote nearly 18 years ago describes the climate of the raid scene and big money camps to a "T" on P99.

There is a reason many "casuals" like myself and hundreds others have found other ways to enjoy P99 without touching the raid scene and it has nothing to do with the actual content of P99 and the game itself. It has everything to do with the awful attitude and BS you have to put up with from other players if you decide to raid.

That's right, the players on P99 have ruined the raid scene of an 18 year old game on a emu server because they cannot control their greed for pixels. Let that sink in. It has nothing to do with putting in the "work" for said pixels as you say to justify this mental illness some players possess.
Created does not equate to implemented universally. Thanks for trying
Old 12-19-2017, 12:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Created does not equate to implemented universally. Thanks for trying
*moves goalposts to Mars*
Old 12-19-2017, 12:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*moves goalposts to Mars*
Except this is the same stance I have had since my first post in this thread... every single example of a server that didn't have a PnP is evidence that the policy was never implemented. If you're going to accuse me of some type of deflection poke, the least you could do is comprehend what you're accusing me of...

Come back when you have the actual GM manual that people claim existed. Or when you have the memo stating when the PnP policy was going to take affect. Right now all you have is anecdotal evidence that shows a policy was being discussed nothing that proves it ever went past that.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:43 AM
Banned

eh you asked for pnp and he showed you pnp. not much else to say dude.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except this is the same stance I have had since my first post in this thread... every single example of a server that didn't have a PnP is evidence that the policy was never implemented. If you're going to accuse me of some type of deflection poke, the least you could do is comprehend what you're accusing me of...

Come back when you have the actual GM manual that people claim existed. Or when you have the memo stating when the PnP policy was going to take affect. Right now all you have is anecdotal evidence that shows a policy was being discussed nothing that proves it ever went past that.
Rather famous post from Guide Tweety, who was let go by Sony for the post:
http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4061

Quote:
Play nice policies. My personal feelings aside (lay off the wacky weed, Verant), I get to enforce it. Do you know how much I hate you at the end of a long shift? What kind of asshole thinks the king room in Lower Guk can be shared by TWO GROUPS OF 12? Conversely, what kind of screaming cocksucker thinks it's okay to camp the king room for 36 hours? I think you both suck. The only people lamer than you are the ones that PNP over derv camps in North Ro and then act surprised when I send one group to the DESERTED derv camp a 30 second walk away.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rather famous post from Guide Tweety, who was let go by Sony for the post:
http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4061
Again, using one persons anecdotal experience as wide spread proof is a logical fallacy. You aren't proving what you think you are proving troll. You have no actual statement from anyone in charge saying that this PnP ever made it to implementation. I mean shit, that last quote literally proves nothing in regards to dozens of servers and millions of players... I can find twice as many posts saying that guides and GMs never followed the same playbook and their rulings were usually inconsistent. If there was a universal PnP that wouldn't be the case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eh you asked for pnp and he showed you pnp. not much else to say dude.
No, I asked for proof that is a universal policy. You are just doing a terrible job at trolling.
Last edited by Maner; 12-19-2017 at 12:53 AM..
Old 12-19-2017, 12:51 AM
Banned

you see, the exact words of an official SOE guide are anecdotal at best and furthermore,
Old 12-19-2017, 01:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
you see, the exact words of an official SOE guide are anecdotal at best and furthermore,
You realize guides weren't even paid employees for the most part right? They were volunteers. How many guides were there again? Do you even know? What makes someone an official guide? Where was this posted from, was it from a guide message board? You actually think that one quote proves anything?

Why is it so hard for you to comprehend that there is literally no evidence here that supports a universal play nice policy?

Is the quote in question the account of one guide and not that of the entire guide program? Yes it was therefore it by definition anecdotal....

That quote doesn't prove anything other than guides solved disputes however they felt like it at the time lol. Not that there was an actual guideline or rulebokk like people have been claiming.

Notice how you deflected this time though..
Last edited by Maner; 12-19-2017 at 01:08 AM..
Old 12-19-2017, 01:17 AM
Banned

no need to get triggered, snowflake. Ikon dunking on you twice with classic staff quotes isn't the end of the world
Old 12-19-2017, 01:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Hehehe.

Yeah, here's some more anecdotal evidence that much less reliable than the The FaX that He Gnoes..

Player: egodonor
Server: Bertoxx
Quote:
Next day one of my fellows sends me a tell. Seems the othe guy not only got one of his guildmates involved (this is a totally diferent topic, and btw, who cares about higher levs KSing for thier guildies? but got 2 GM's involved. Thats right, a full blown conflagaration over 2 freaking aviaks.

Long story short: my fellows were told to share the spawn, that camping the two birds was not abiding by the play nice policies.

LOLOL....play nice? Communism isnt my idea of play nice. I cant wait for a large guild to camp some high level area only to be forced into playing nice and letting an even larger or more powerful guild "share the spawn"....
Player: Code Slave
Server: Prexus / Vallon
Quote:
PnP works for me. Sorry your guildmates had to put up with a jerk, but they don't OWN the aviaks. People want to believe that EQ is first come first serve, but it isn't.
Player: Shiara_Shadowblood
Server: Unknown
Quote:
I prefer to call it "fair" instead of communistic. The whole uberguild thing you mention isn't theoretical at all, it's the exact reason play nice was implemented. Players with your attitude would make sure a guildmate were at particular uber spawns 24/7 and farmed them permanently. It was this attitude that was destroying parts of the game and play nice has rectified it by forcing greedy powercampers to allow other players a shot.

Player: Anne99
Server: Nameless
Quote:
Unfortunately the play nice "share" rules designed to fix rare spawn camps have become a means by which people drive others off from exp (non-uberloot) camps.
Link to 3 page thread with over 60 individual players from various different servers confirming PnP existed, was implemented, they used it, they had it used on them, they loved it, they hated it.... yadayadayada.
https://web.archive.org/web/20000815...ML/004652.html
Closed Thread