Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 01:05 AM
Sarnak

Default comimg back after about 10 years

I've been watching these youtube videos on classic everquest where I learned about project 99. I have to admit that this server has convinced me to come back and start over. I originally played for the first time in 2000 on the Tribunal server. I have a 75 Druid (kaluppo) and 75 Cleric (Norezferu) somewhere out there on whatever server the tribunal merged into while I have been on EQ vacation.

I just ordered a PC that can handle EQ and should have it by late next week. I can't wait to start playing again. I love being a cleric so I will probably play a cleric again.

How is the population on this server these days? Is it hard to get groups?
Old 02-15-2018, 10:29 AM
Aviak

In a popular dungeons groups are as common as they ever were in classic EQ. Grouping is very alive and well.

And welcome aboard! You'll find a very active and friendly community when you arrive.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

Saw over 1450 people online during the server repop on sunday. I'd say the server population is generally 500ish during the low point off hours and 1100-1200 during peak hours. When the server population goes over 1200 it's generally because hundreds of people log in to raid end game content. This server has started doing bi monthly server repops so it's easier than ever for casual players to get a shot at raid bosses as there are too many targets for the top guilds to monopolize. The server population has been stable for years and years
Old 02-15-2018, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

Sweet! I can't wait to get back in the game and play it the way I remember it from 2000. I liked the new zones with the expansions but believe it or not I hated the AA's and augs and always raising the levels. The game got to complicated and a never ending grind for EXP.

I prefer the simpler version which is why I got excited to come back to EQ when I read about the project 99 and project 02 servers. I actually had a hard time deciding which of the two to play on but I decided to go with the 99.

Thanks for the replies!
Closed Thread