Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the main reason to follow Rallos Zek? Is there an RZ only quest or gear?
He's literally the god of *war*. It's all about the roleplay
Old 02-21-2018, 08:22 AM
Fire Giant

I think OP was looking for a duo partner and not a lesson on how to play war class [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/Forums.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the main reason to follow Rallos Zek? Is there an RZ only quest or gear?
To rub it in Filbus face, mainly.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:25 PM
Kobold

I made a warrior as my first character on this server and it was the worst mistake ever. Especially an Ogre warrior, as being large and evil has even more drawbacks. First off, you will be broke all the time. You constantly buy shit gear and spend hours trying to get the best deal or make back what you have already spent. You will die all the time. Every zone is a death trap. I got killed at 52 in EC from a lady inside a hut by the Freeport zone line. Nobody will group with you because you have no hate and your gear sucks. Any zone you go to level, some higher level twink with more gear than you will be chosen. Get ready to sit lfg for hours. Zero solo ability with non twink gear. Almost zero camps for cash. Groi is your only hope until 45. Don't do it. Level up something else first and bestow your warrior with a fungi and some good weapons and plow through 1 to 45 solo if you have to.

If you have plenty of time and don't mind hard mode, be my guest. You'll still wonder what you could of done with all the extra time you could have saved.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is the frequency of each race for the warrior, from most common to rarest:
Tier 1) Ogre
Tier 2) Barbarian, Dwarf
Tier 3) Troll, Iksar, Halfling
Tier 4) Human, Dark Elf
Tier 5) Wood Elf, Gnome, Half Elf

I recommend any Tier 5 race so you can be super sexy and receive a lot of free booze so you can cap Alcohol Tolerance!

Also, Dwarves and Iksars can't follow Rallos Zek, so that's something to keep in mind.

Half Elf Warrior is cool because it's the only non-Erudite to be able to follow Prexus, or the only non-Barbarian to be able to follow The Tribunal (outside of bards).
Old 02-23-2018, 05:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a warrior as my first character on this server and it was the worst mistake ever. Especially an Ogre warrior, as being large and evil has even more drawbacks. First off, you will be broke all the time. You constantly buy shit gear and spend hours trying to get the best deal or make back what you have already spent. You will die all the time. Every zone is a death trap. I got killed at 52 in EC from a lady inside a hut by the Freeport zone line. Nobody will group with you because you have no hate and your gear sucks. Any zone you go to level, some higher level twink with more gear than you will be chosen. Get ready to sit lfg for hours. Zero solo ability with non twink gear. Almost zero camps for cash. Groi is your only hope until 45. Don't do it. Level up something else first and bestow your warrior with a fungi and some good weapons and plow through 1 to 45 solo if you have to.

If you have plenty of time and don't mind hard mode, be my guest. You'll still wonder what you could of done with all the extra time you could have saved.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh the hell with dude - I started the game as a troll warrior with crap gear and am now 55 and in pretty solid stuff without a lot of help. If you want to play warrior, play a goddamn warrior. Agreed with previous posters, the difficulty gets vastly overblown...

Quick list of things you want to do...

1. Loot lots of trash loot - You're going to have pretty high STR if you're rolling a Barb, Ogre, or Troll, which means you can carry a lot of crap to vendor. Most people on P99 don't do much trash vendoring in groups - just grab the stuff and sell it. They generally don't mind. Even if you're evil, there are often vendors near some of the best exp-ing dungeons where you can vendor like Conium Darkblade (a dwarf poison vendor on an island off Estate of Unrest OR a neutral druid vendor near at the Steamfront druid port-in near Mistmoore). Other then vendoring trash, I'd encourage you to level in Highhold keep doing goblins - sell the ears you get to other players (do not use them IMO) - I made 5k selling ears between level 24-32 in HHK.

2. Acquire a Silken Whip of Ensnaring, a Jarsath Trident, a Fist of Zek, or a Staff of Battle. Any / all of these weapons will provide decent DPS until you have the cash / levels to acquire better aggro generation weapons like Frostbringer, Wrapped Entropy Serpent Spine, or a Sarnak Warhammer. Not having those weapons early on doesn't matter much - the "good" aggro weapons that I listed later on don't even proc until 40's for the most part, giving you plenty of time to save for them.

3. Save for a Haste Item. You should be targeting either Silver Chitin Hand Wraps (pairing it with a Mithril Plated Girth if you're anything but Iksar) or Flowing Black Silk Sash (later pairing it with some Crystal Chitin Gauntlets). Starting from nothing, i was able to save 1700 plat for Silver Chitin Hand Wraps by early 20's just vendoring trash - I got lucky on winning the roll on a Shiny Brass Idol but at max that adds maybe 2 levels of exp delay if you're just vendoring trash.

4. Get some HP rings and Crafted Armor - Most decent warrior gear you can get for affordable prices if your prioritize good "value" items that are WAR only or just not as useful for other classes. Some good examples are "Glimmering Mithril Torque", "Mithril Plated Girth", "Crested Spaulders", "Bracer of Scavenging", "Hero Bracers" (if you're a Barb), and "Skull Shaped Barbute". These will all last you into the mid-to-late 50's when you'll start swapping them out for Thurgadin Quest Armor. Some later tier, more expensive value items are "Barbed Dragonscale Boots" and "Cloak of Maelstrom".

5. Start saving for a 2nd Tier Haste item - This is where I am in the process. I'm 55 and currently have 18k saved (of 40) saved for a Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt. This takes a long time but you should be saving for this item from like mid 40's (once you've gotten your base armor in step 4) for a while, but the cash will come. In your early 50's onward if you're in a Kunark dungeon like Karnors, you should start seeing "clicky armor" like Cobalt, Blood Ember, and Tolan's drop - vendor this stuff for like 300-500pp unless you can EASILY sell it to another player for more.

6. This is at least part of the plan - join a decent guild and start grinding Kael in groups for Thurgadin Armor. If you're in a decent guild, you'll also start doing content where really nice near end game gear should drop.

PLAY THE CLASS YOU WANT. WARRIOR ROCKS! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2018, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Posts like these are why I'm happy I didn't come ask for advice when I first started here. I think it actually may be the very worst thing a new player could do.

The part about nobody grouping with you because you have no hate and your gear sucks is especially bs.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Posts like these are why I'm happy I didn't come ask for advice when I first started here. I think it actually may be the very worst thing a new player could do.

The part about nobody grouping with you because you have no hate and your gear sucks is especially bs.
Damn straight. People on P99 are super willing to group with people and are really open minded. Sometimes you need to send some tells to build a group, but I rarely get hate for gear.
Old 02-24-2018, 05:15 AM
Planar Protector

Half elf war also able to follow Innoruuk. Is the real choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is the frequency of each race for the warrior, from most common to rarest:
Tier 1) Ogre
Tier 2) Barbarian, Dwarf
Tier 3) Troll, Iksar, Halfling
Tier 4) Human, Dark Elf
Tier 5) Wood Elf, Gnome, Half Elf

I recommend any Tier 5 race so you can be super sexy and receive a lot of free booze so you can cap Alcohol Tolerance!

Also, Dwarves and Iksars can't follow Rallos Zek, so that's something to keep in mind.

Half Elf Warrior is cool because it's the only non-Erudite to be able to follow Prexus, or the only non-Barbarian to be able to follow The Tribunal (outside of bards).
Old 02-27-2018, 05:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

you are right - it's all about efficiency and people rather solo/duo/trio, and why should shaman/cleric duo with u when they can do better with a monk or chanter. either u have friends on server or u spend a lot of time LFG

those who claim otherwise are mostly pre-established players on server who has friends or cash to gear their wars. if this is ur first char and u dont have cash, dont make a war.
Closed Thread