Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 07:40 PM
Fire Giant

Default Rune Crafters BP or iksar Regen bp?

I have the corroded chain drop from kael. Trying to decide if I should turn it in or keep my iksar Regen bp. Will there ever be a time that I'll want the stats over Regen?
Old 07-19-2017, 08:25 PM
Orc

Sell both and get a fungi.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Selling both won't get me a fungi
Old 07-19-2017, 08:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castamere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Selling both won't get me a fungi

will get you to 35kish and if youre high enough level to get the corroded 10k is cake
Old 07-19-2017, 08:35 PM
Fire Giant

I appreciate the input but my question wasn't how can I afford a fungi. 10k might not seem like a lot to you but every 10k gets me closer to torpor, bane, pox, etc (not to mention a child's tear) I'm asking about the two BPs specifically
Old 07-19-2017, 09:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quest BP will cost you another 10-15k in black marble gems. That's something else to take into account if you're pressed for money, as shamans are.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

In my ever so humble opinion Abilities > Stats. Give me the choice between a +100HP item or a +1 hp/tick regen item and I'll take the regen item every time.

Now, the Thurg tunic does have an ability, but the problem is you only buff raids a very small percentage of the time (vs. the Ikky BP which is always valuable). So this leads me to ...

Option #1:
Keep both, wear the Ikky BP most of the time, but use the Thurg one for buffing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the other hand Kenzi does have a point, which leads me to ...

Option #2:
Sell the BP, wait until you have 10k (more) in the bank, then sell your Ikky BP and buy a Fungi
I did see your response to his post, but you have to keep in mind that the Fungi isn't a disposable item, it's an investment. When you hit 60 if you don't have enough plat for your spells you can totally sell the Fungi then ... but up until then, the entire time you're leveling, you will get +10 hp/tick. Compare that to the benefit of plat in the bank (ie. none). So whatever you do, as soon as you have the plat you should buy a Fungi, because that plat doesn't go anywhere, it just converts to a more beneficial form (that's almost as liquid as plat).

TLDR: Don't ditch the Ikky BP unless you're selling it to help buy a Fungi. Either keep the Thurg BP and only use it for raiding, or sell it and save the plat for a future Fungi.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Option 2 sounds solid!

Thurg BP will be a sunk cost, if you are saving for Torpor as you claim you are best to make investments that can be re-liquidated.

A fungi will always hold a reasonable portion of its value, so once you have enough plat sell the ghetto fungi to buy a real one and use that as a plat reservoir until torpor (or epic?).
Old 07-20-2017, 01:22 AM
Fire Giant

I'm convinced
Old 07-20-2017, 04:20 AM
Planar Protector

Worn regen on ikky makes if the clear winner.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread