Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

For clarity I suggested IBC not due to its delay, but due to the AC proc which will help mitigation.

Slow swingers are better when all other things are even.

Any more good procs for druids? Like a longer duration AC buff perhaps?
Old 09-12-2017, 04:12 PM
Sarnak

I think using a slow swinger with low attack is a mistake. Your damage will not primarily come from your weapon unless you have a big proc and 201 dex.

This isn't the same a shaman tanking, Druids hit for shit, and miss a lot with 2 handers. The DS will be your dps, and any procs you have can aid you - that is my experience tanking as a Druid.
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 09-12-2017, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreldorEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't the same a shaman tanking, Druids hit for shit, and miss a lot with 2 handers. The DS will be your dps, and any procs you have can aid you - that is my experience tanking as a Druid.
That's my sentiment too. That's why I would go with a shield that adds ac as well as HPs, and get a 1h weapon that has as good of a ratio as you can get. Meleeing is not going to do the bulk of the damage anyway, your DS and additional dot here and there will be the prime damage imo.

I tried to use Hiero Crook for damage on my druid ages ago, and you simply don't have the dex to proc it enough to make it that great in hard fights. Against lowbie greens, the proc is good enough but against worthy mobs you are XPing off of, it simply won't be good enough.

TL;DR

your DS is the best bet for damage against mobs.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:18 PM
Fire Giant

At the moment I'm wielding jade mace + sarnak shield... so far so good. Anyway once I hit 20, I'll see how it goes with 2handers...
side question : does 1h skill level up faster than 2h on druid ? It seems both are at the same level at the moment ?
Closed Thread