Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

Here's a post stating that the Mage epic pet should cast its stun every 12 seconds:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...04689327012456

So that's the epic pet at least, I'll keep digging.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Mage pets do have a recast/cooldown on their abilities. (On p99)
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Looks like that other bug thread has a lot of good research in it, I bumped it up.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

Ripped this out of another post in bug forum. your pets Nukes mattered. On P99 your pets spells casted enough that it decided what pet you would use for certain situations. Earth pets kept things rooted. Water nuked. Air Stunned. Fire Burned.

Originally posted by Baalzy

Quote:
http://web.archive.org/web/200109111...IEW.ASP?ID=854
I find that the water pet(highly under-rated imho) works great in this respect. Unlike fire that has no hp, but big dmg, water has decent hp(second to earth), and does more dmg than earth by alot because of it's spell. Using the water elemental I can take yellow cons with 50% mana. I usually pull, then send pet, then burn down to 20% or so, and start medding. Keep an eye on the pets health though, and if it starts to get whipped on, stand and throw a burn as needed. I normally start fights with 50%, and end with 20 or more, unless the fight goes bad, and I have to burn extra to keep the pet alive.
-Air pets with 2 gnoll hide lariats would keep things stunned so much that they could tank just as tough of a mob as an earth pet(was doing this at lvl 29). They always sucked without stun weaps. I never found them useful except for when fighting caster mobs.

-Earth pets could be send in to attack and then pulled back repeatedly to keep a mob rooted, but be unable to attack you or your pet most of the time. Earth pets were only necessary when you for sure wanted something rooted while you burned nukes as fast as possible.

-Water pets just wrecked shit. They were honestly the most reliable methods of tanking while nuking there was.

-Fire pets really were the beez kneez. I remember while breaking the Miller camp in Qeynos hills, i'd bolt the brother and just run, send pet on him, then run back toward the undead camp and before i'd get halfway there the dude was now attacking the pet. i'd run back and by the time i passed him the man was almost dead, maybe do 1 more big loop. then kill the sister. loved that camp for some reason. (lvl 24-29ish i think)

anyway, i forgot what i was talking about.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:26 PM
Orc

Man everywhere I go on these forums someone seems to have a huge amount of data pertaining to how the P99 magician is completely gimped compared to classic.

It's a shame, as the developers never seem to chime in positively. It always appears to be dismissal, excuses, or silence.

Really makes me sad, as I was thinking about making a magician as my next character.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:55 PM
Aviak

Maybe they should just give Mages root, there is no point in using the gimped earth pet, root breaks and you get pummeled.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

OP is right, mage pets need buffs, wish the staff would listen to this and do something about it
Old 09-21-2017, 02:57 AM
Planar Protector

Go to the bug thread, that's where this discussion belongs:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=107938
Closed Thread