Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 07:23 PM
Large Rat

Default Pretty New to P99 starting a Warrior and LF duo partner/s.

Hello,
Somewhat new to P99, have a couple of low levels toon's i've been bouncing around trying to find my niche. Was hoping to find someone else maybe interested in a somewhat regular duo team, available most evening from 7-8pm CST to around 12am CST, weekends tend to be longer. I'd like to play a Warrior but am open to some melee type.

Any interest, please shoot me a PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:44 AM
Decaying Skeleton

dude! im rolling a cleric im one day behind you. are you still playing?
Old 02-18-2018, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

Warriors come out and play
Old 02-20-2018, 04:06 PM
Banned

As I said in another recent post here...I can only recommend warrior if you're determined to put in a lot of time and resources. They scale amazingly well with gear...but levels 1-55 (arguably 1-60) is going to be not nearly as enjoyable.

You will be expected to tank, but won't have the threat generating capabilities of a SK or Paladin. You'll be frustrated spamming taunt on a mob that is more interested in going for the shaman/enc that just slowed it for you.

If you don't want to tank, ever...then go rogue. If you want to lead groups with pulls and keep the flow of XP in sync with the groups vitals + preparedness, go monk. If you want to soak damage, hold aggro, and offer some utility to your groups without being too gear dependent, go Pally or SK.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:55 PM
Large Rat

Thank you for the response and the info.

Though I am very well aware of the mechanics of playing a warrior through to lvl 60, maybe not on p99 specifically but I did play one during the timeframe that p99 is emulating. Good players who know their class can do well with a warrior in either DPS or Tank mode. It may be simpler for the knight classes to tank and the other melee classes to DPS but that doesn't mean they are any more effective than a good Warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As I said in another recent post here...I can only recommend warrior if you're determined to put in a lot of time and resources. They scale amazingly well with gear...but levels 1-55 (arguably 1-60) is going to be not nearly as enjoyable.

You will be expected to tank, but won't have the threat generating capabilities of a SK or Paladin. You'll be frustrated spamming taunt on a mob that is more interested in going for the shaman/enc that just slowed it for you.

If you don't want to tank, ever...then go rogue. If you want to lead groups with pulls and keep the flow of XP in sync with the groups vitals + preparedness, go monk. If you want to soak damage, hold aggro, and offer some utility to your groups without being too gear dependent, go Pally or SK.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Make ogre

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 02-20-2018, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

Here is the frequency of each race for the warrior, from most common to rarest:
Tier 1) Ogre
Tier 2) Barbarian, Dwarf
Tier 3) Troll, Iksar, Halfling
Tier 4) Human, Dark Elf
Tier 5) Wood Elf, Gnome, Half Elf

I recommend any Tier 5 race so you can be super sexy and receive a lot of free booze so you can cap Alcohol Tolerance!

Also, Dwarves and Iksars can't follow Rallos Zek, so that's something to keep in mind.

Half Elf Warrior is cool because it's the only non-Erudite to be able to follow Prexus, or the only non-Barbarian to be able to follow The Tribunal (outside of bards).
Old 02-20-2018, 07:35 PM
Large Rat

All good suggestions, though I already had decided on a Barb Warrior, it's actually the only race I have not played yet in EQ and the Female Barb just has the right 'proportions' to fill out her armor nicely. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2018, 07:38 PM
Orc

What is the main reason to follow Rallos Zek? Is there an RZ only quest or gear?
Old 02-20-2018, 09:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the main reason to follow Rallos Zek? Is there an RZ only quest or gear?
https://wiki.project1999.com/Deity_S...tems_Continued
This isn't rocket science people: if your name clearly means something non-Everquest-related when most people see it, it doesn't belong. If your name is the same as something obscure that most people have never heard of, it's fine.:
Closed Thread