Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Orc

Default Duration of Shared Grp XP Penalties

I know that everyone in a group gets less XP when the group is full of hybrids etc, due to their XP penalties. The question is at what point does that go away? Will it ever go away on this server?

I am pretty much parking my characters, becuase as it stands grouping over soloing just isn't worth it with the current rules.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know that everyone in a group gets less XP when the group is full of hybrids etc, due to their XP penalties. The question is at what point does that go away? Will it ever go away on this server?

I am pretty much parking my characters, becuase as it stands grouping over soloing just isn't worth it with the current rules.
Race penalties are here to stay. Class penalties will probably go away sometime after Velious.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Orc

So the groups will always share XP race/class penalties on this server?
Old 07-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the groups will always share XP race/class penalties on this server?
Class no, race yes. At least thats what I've gathered.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Orc

Well either way, if the changes linger until Velious that still ends up being years am I right?
Old 07-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Orc

Ok, well that is what I wanted to know. Thanks!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

I believe this is still open for discussion. There are two issues here...

1 - The class/race penalties should stay in, and will stay in. That's classic and was by design.

2 - That the class/race penalties affected a GROUP's xp gain was an acknowledged bug back in the Verant days (once they fixed it anyway). There is a thread here somewhere discussing this in more detail. Since it was a BUG, it should get fixed here too.

Can someone (nilbog? aeol?) step in and comment? I'd hate for our beloved ugly Trolls (and others with xp penalties) to start disappearing from our server! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe this is still open for discussion. There are two issues here...

1 - The class/race penalties should stay in, and will stay in. That's classic and was by design.

2 - That the class/race penalties affected a GROUP's xp gain was an acknowledged bug back in the Verant days (once they fixed it anyway). There is a thread here somewhere discussing this in more detail. Since it was a BUG, it should get fixed here too.

Can someone (nilbog? aeol?) step in and comment? I'd hate for our beloved ugly Trolls (and others with xp penalties) to start disappearing from our server! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic yes....by design hell no.

The Devs stated later that they completely fucked up by having class/race penalties in at all because hybrids weren't really all that much better than any other class. The only reason they had them in the beginning was because they were DnD nerds and DnD had them for hybrid classes.

It's a stupid mechanic, even they admitted it.

It also adds nothing to the server by having them.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Orc

I agree with Rogue 100%, it was a bad idea and they later fixed it. I don't see why mistakes have to be replicated.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0gue6 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic yes....by design hell no.

The Devs stated later that they completely fucked up by having class/race penalties in at all because hybrids weren't really all that much better than any other class. The only reason they had them in the beginning was because they were DnD nerds and DnD had them for hybrid classes.

It's a stupid mechanic, even they admitted it.

It also adds nothing to the server by having them.

They said they fucked up with CLASS penalties...but they explained why they thought the race penalties should be in place...For example...Ogre vs Halfling warriors...Ogres are better tanks..no frontal stun..slam etc. There's a post on it in the archives of allakhazam or something.
Closed Thread