Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default P99 Raiding Guide (moved)

Lord Nagafen
Lvl 55
Dragon Roar – MR based AE fear.
Lava Breath – FR based 500dmg AE combined with Cancel Magic (one slot debuff).
• One junk buff in your first slot, whether it's Yualp, Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring, Spyglass, etc. to counteract the dispel.
• Get MR/FR resists stacked as high as you can, primarily MR.

Lady Vox
Lvl 55
Frosty Death – CR based 500dmg AE combined with Cancel Magic (one slot debuff).
Complete Heal – Starts casting at 35%?
• One junk buff in your first slot, whether it's Yualp, Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring, Spyglass, etc. to counteract the dispel.
• Get MR/CR resists stacked as high as you can, primarily MR.
• Push when she begins to CH.

a Dracoliche
Lvl 53
Rotting Flesh – DR based 100dmg AE combined a 100dmg per tick dot, lasts 9 ticks.
• Get MR are high as you can, ignore the dot @ lvl 60.

Cazic Thule
Lvl 55
Gravity Flux – AE gravity flux combined with Cancel Magic (one slot debuff).
Death Touch – Death Touch 30 sec recast.
• Levitate or DMF to counteract the gravity flux damage.

Innoruuk
Lvl 55
Gravity Flux – AE gravity flux combined with Cancel Magic (one slot debuff).
Death Touch – Death Touch 30 sec recast.
• Laugh at Innoruuk dying.

Venril Sathir
Lvl 55
Deadly Lifetap – 1500dmg single target lifetap proc.
• Tanks get chain runed.

Trakanon
Lvl 65
Deadly Lifetap - 1500dmg single target lifetap proc.
Poison Breath - PR based 1200dmg AE combined a 150dmg per tick dot, lasts 9 ticks.
Trakanon's Touch - Teleport to -1283, -117, -175 in Sebilis. Cast on the highest person on the aggro list at the time of cast. Recast is approx. 30 seconds.
• Get PR as high as you can. Poison Resist, Talisman of Shadoo (SHM group buff), Dead Man Floating, all stack.
• Main tank group for “shroom” tank should consist of SK, MT, CLR, CLR, BRD, MAG. SK engages first, raid follows, SK gets “shroomed” aka Trakanon's Touch, MT takes over tanking, MAG Call of the Hero's the SK back. Success.

Severilous
Lvl 60
Ceticious Cloud – PR based 600dmg AE combined with an 8 second stun.
• Fight at the DRU succor spot.
• Get PR/MR as high as you can.
• Let Dravingar run around chasing Severilous' pet like a fool.

Talendor
Lvl 60
Immolating Breath – FR based 500dmg AE combined with a 100dmg per tick dot.
• Fight at the Overthere zoneline/ramp area.
• Get FR/MR as high as you can.
• BRD does the initial pull drags it past the raid as a MNK or SK pulls it off the BRD. Make sure to feign pop to clear aggro from the train.

Gorenaire
Lvl 60
Freezing Breath – CR based 750dmg AE combined with a 70% slow.
Complete Heal – Starts casting at 35%?
• Fight at the on the Karnor side of the Dreadlands tunnel.
• Get CR/MR as high as you can.
• BRD does the initial pull drags in Gorenaire from the East, let Gorenaire come to the raid, not vice versa. All melee/casters stack and push together during CH.
• After you are done buffing open up your first two buff slots. This will allow Gorenaire's fear + dot to occupy your first two slots and enable you do dispel using one of the following methods:
MELEE ONLY:
• Duel dispel – You duel a friend and macro a hotkey to tell them “/tell Soandso DISPEL”, thus preventing you from ever staying dotted for more than a few seconds. A common problem is that your friend is getting feared.
• Staff of Runes – MAG drops Staff of Runes on the ground near where the melee will be engaging Gorenaire. You pick up your first staff and keep it in your inventory. Once Gorenaire is engaged, you position yourself in a way that you will not be running while melee'ing and trying to pick up a staff during the fight. Once you are dotted you target yourself, click your staff from inventory then destroy it all while maintaining steady DPS. If you cannot do this, don't. Save your staff then until Gorenaire goes into CH range and then dispel yourself to ensure maximum DPS during the most crucial point in the fight. If you can in fact manage to keep yourself dispeled without running around lost or sacrificing all of your dps, ensure that you are accounting for the 12second recast. A common mistake is when someone dispels themselves has to move to pick up another staff only to find themselves in a never ending cycle of dispeling and never actually doing damage. Don't let this happen to you. If you are not confident in keeping yourself dispeled with staffs then like it was said earlier, just save your staff for when Gorenaire goes into CH range.
• Bard Group Dispel – Bards can Cancel Magic (one slot debuff) their entire group. If you follow protocol and remove your first two buffs before engaging Gorenaire this method also work. Please make sure you are dispeling your group and not Gorenaire.

Faydedar
Lvl 54
Immolating Breath – FR based 500dmg AE combined with a 100dmg per tick dot.
• Fight at the Chessboard.
• Get MR/FR resists stacked as high as you can, primarily MR.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

dude azerel...
Old 06-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Nice.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 06-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Banned

whoawhoa, it was azzbad?

mind=blown.

I'm sort of glad you dont listen to pissy players like uuallaenn, but i'm disappointed you flamed me anonymously and didnt bitch to me in person (you know, like you did before).
Last edited by Skope; 06-30-2011 at 12:43 PM..
Old 06-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

wtf is a pissy player, did i accidently urinate on your head?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

Hehe, if you can't come up wtih your own strats / info, steal from someone that slays the dwagon with ease.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wtf is a pissy player, did i accidently urinate on your head?
no... i mean we can take it to RnF but i can just message you. regardless of what i say in private you'll probably share it with your guildies. you're certainly not as bad as some others, though. i'll give you that.

the strats aren't a secret. I've seen you guys doing the rod thing personally and up until last patch (i think?) runes were unnecessary on the tank against VS because NPC procs were still broken.

nice post, though. good info for those who want to try to attempt some of these guys
Old 06-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hehe, if you can't come up wtih your own strats / info, steal from someone that slays the dwagon with ease.
this may have held weight 10 to 11 years ago
Old 06-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

is this Really? news?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
• Let Dravingar run around chasing Severilous' pet like a fool.
They know our secret, we're doomed!
Closed Thread