Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-13-2024, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

If you have a Z-heart, no.

If not, yes.
Old 02-13-2024, 11:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iks regen is very noticeable starting at level 1. They regen HP twice as fast as non iksar. 100% more HP regen is extremely noticeable when youre sitting to med. Not as noticeable if youre actively lifetapping to regain HP

But yeah, as a necro you spend most of your time in skel form anyway
We will have to agree to disagree, sure it's noticeable. But it's honestly not game breaking noticeable, until late game was my point.

I'm also 100% Iks camp for necro race too, its a huge QoL thing to have.
To me the biggest question is which gender, do you go big or small tail.
And which casting animation, the funky squat or arm wave.
Old 02-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

if not lizardpeepul, definitely gnome
Old 02-13-2024, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

1-50 the Regen difference is not super noticeable. 50-60 you should mostly be charming and constantly casting Deflux to finish off mobs anyway so a lot of the efficiency advantage of Regen is wasted. 60+ raiding the Iksar will always make a better mana battery (absent ring 10 and Z-heart), but who the hell wants to do that anyway? Erudite, Human and DE Necros are both rare and awesome looking. Iksar Necros look like complete shit and are probably the single most common race/class combo in the game. But at the end of the day, the Necro class is strong enough that you can easily afford to play the non-optimal race and not lose anything except some marginal efficiency benefits at the high end.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

My main beef with gnome is that you can't get a guise now, then again as a gnome you wouldn't have use for a gnome mask and gl ever getting one of those if you start an iksar.

Being an iksar is nice for the regen but I dare say that non-iksar is best for leveling due to the XP penalty. Most camps have long enough spawn timers for iksar regen not to matter and there aren't that many spots where you just chain kill and where the XP is limited by downtime.

I've yet to hear of a single camp or fight that an iksar could pull off but a non-iksar couldn't given end-game gear. With a Z-heart and Ring 10 you'll do well enough. I guess for raiding it's nice to have iksar regen that unlike Ring 10 stacks with regen line of spells. But rarely matters what you do in raids anyway.

Having wall vision as a gnome is not to be underestimated, especially for a class with lulls. Sure, you can spend money on shrink pots and even if it's not a lot of money at 60 at least I find myself I'm too cheap to use them when I should.

The faction issue is a moot point because skelly illusion removes your race faction adjustment.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people like optimizing. That's how they enjoy their character. It's not your place to tell other people how to play the game. Give people the facts and let them decide how to play given the information.
It's not your place to tell others how to comment. That is how I enjoy commenting. People are free to decide whether the opinion in the comment is helpful to them or not.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not your place to tell others how to comment. That is how I enjoy commenting. People are free to decide whether the opinion in the comment is helpful to them or not.
You can post nonsensical comments like this if you wish. I cannot stop you. It isn't helping anybody, however, or proving a point. It just makes you look silly.

It also doesn't change the fact that some people enjoy optimizing their character instead of focusing on fashion, and that shouldn't be discouraged.
Old 02-13-2024, 09:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can post nonsensical comments like this if you wish. I cannot stop you. It isn't helping anybody, however, or proving a point. It just makes you look silly.

It also doesn't change the fact that some people enjoy optimizing their character instead of focusing on fashion, and that shouldn't be discouraged.
You can continue be volunteer internet comment police if you wish, no one can stop you. Just realize that 1] You aren't changing anything for anyone 2] You are wasting your time 3] For some bizarre autistic reason, you think that only certain viewpoints should be allowed 4] People are here for other viewpoints and reading other's comments might make them think about things from another points of view. You know, the definition of community. I wouldn't expect you to grasp that due to your profound social underdevelopment.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can continue be volunteer internet comment police if you wish, no one can stop you. Just realize that 1] You aren't changing anything for anyone 2] You are wasting your time 3] For some bizarre autistic reason, you think that only certain viewpoints should be allowed 4] People are here for other viewpoints and reading other's comments might make them think about things from another points of view. You know, the definition of community. I wouldn't expect you to grasp that due to your profound social underdevelopment.
Your baseless delusions about other posters who disagree with you are irrelevant. The only bizarre thing here is your belief that anybody cares about this nonsense you are spewing.

I would advise you stick to the topic at hand, or quit while you are behind.

EDIT: I always find it strange when people think attacking other posters is "helping the community". All you are doing is showing the community you are willing to attack other posters who disagree with you for no reason. I guess this helps the community in the sense that you are showing your true colors to them. They will be wary of you in the future. But you aren't providing anything meaningful to the topic at hand.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-13-2024 at 10:55 PM..
Old 02-14-2024, 01:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragathiel23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i just love the look and feel of dark elf. Is the iksar passive that huge and game breaking to the point i should stick to iksar?
I'm not getting chad min/max vibes from you. Play your dark elf.