Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 11:35 PM
Fire Giant

Default Night Vision Help (not a complaint)

Hi team - I hopped in the beta to start getting ready for Fridays launch and I noticed the upgraded night vision. Yay!

I did some hunting and got myself a fire beetle eye, but when equipping it I still cannot see anything other than my nameplate and a black screen at night (I am an Erudite). I was not expecting much, but I did assume I would have a slight glow around my feet that would allow me to see pieces of my character outline.

I checked with some players in game, and they confirmed they could see me slightly illuminated, but myself and others are just nameplates.

Am I missing a file or have a setting tweaked strangely? Any assistance would be appreciated!
Old 10-21-2019, 03:26 AM
Fire Giant

It sounds like you have dynamic lighting turned off. It needs to be on for the lighting changes on green to work (possibly on blue as well) it's a line in the ini file that needs to be = TRUE. I don't recall what it is off the top of my head unfortunately.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-21-2019, 04:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sounds like you have dynamic lighting turned off. It needs to be on for the lighting changes on green to work (possibly on blue as well) it's a line in the ini file that needs to be = TRUE. I don't recall what it is off the top of my head unfortunately.
Showdynamiclights=TRUE

do a ctrl F in notepad for dynamic and pretty easy to find.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:00 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Showdynamiclights=TRUE

do a ctrl F in notepad for dynamic and pretty easy to find.
I would be careful editing some of these text files with Notepad. On the UI team while adjusting some of the hard coded text in stringdb_us.txt we ran into some crashes and stuff because of how Notepad formats it’s file/text. We had better results editing with Notepad++. Unsure if you will run into the same problems. But just a heads up in case.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Good tip Wenai. I did not realize that could be an issue. Will keep that in mind in the future.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks all! I will attempt this fix later today
Old 10-21-2019, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

Ugh ragepost - how does a noob locate the ini file that needs editing :P im currently just opening every text document to try and find it
Old 10-21-2019, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ugh ragepost - how does a noob locate the ini file that needs editing :P im currently just opening every text document to try and find it
Sometimes it is in the AppFile folder under your user ID in Documents and Settings.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes it is in the AppFile folder under your user ID in Documents and Settings.
Yeah I really hate how games started to do that. Put it in Program Files LOL Actually I just put mine on C:\everquest project 99 blue and everquest project 99 green .

Nice thing about an old program like EQ. you can move it all over the place and it dont care.

In fact one thing I usually do with eq once I have it setup right. Esp a custom server like this, is I take the folder and back it up to a second harddrive. Then if something gets messed up just copy back over.
Last edited by magusfire24; 10-21-2019 at 02:32 PM..
Old 10-21-2019, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

it is in the everquest folder. Eqclient.ini you can search for it at the top of the window or order things alphabetically
Closed Thread