Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feminism is top-down. The top females in society are rich (white or white-acting) women. Rich white women have the most privileged position in society besides rich white (or white-acting) men. Men have to trade comfort for responsibility -- but nevertheless are given more power that lasts much longer into old age.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2018, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.journalnow.com/news/state...e553f305f.html

rofl the whole company is full of grrl power types too
cringe.

women in STEM when?

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-16-2018, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"It’s very important for me as a woman and an engineer to be able to promote that to my daughter, because I think women have a different perspective. We’re able to put in an artistic touch and we’re able to build, too.”

https://news.fiu.edu/2018/03/communi...-street/120395
Because men can not ever be artistic?
Pablo Picasso
Leonardo da Vinci
Paul Cézanne
Rembrandt van Rijn
Claude Monet
Paul Gauguin
Vincent van Gogh
Rafael
Andy Warhol
Salvador Dalí
Sandro Botticelli
Pierre Auguste Renoir
to name just a very few.

How fucking blatantly sexist is that shit? Aren't there more famous male artists, directors, musicians anyway?

Let's not forget Leonardo da Vinci was also a very famous inventor as well as an artist.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because men can not ever be artistic?
Pablo Picasso
Leonardo da Vinci
Paul Cézanne
Rembrandt van Rijn
Claude Monet
Paul Gauguin
Vincent van Gogh
Rafael
Andy Warhol
Salvador Dalí
Sandro Botticelli
Pierre Auguste Renoir
to name just a very few.

How fucking blatantly sexist is that shit? Aren't there more famous male artists, directors, musicians anyway?

Let's not forget Leonardo da Vinci was also a very famous inventor as well as an artist.

man this sega just raid bossed on feminism

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-18-2018, 09:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
one of the things people dont tell you about when it comes to equality is that men will spend 30% of their paycheck on their spouse and women will spend 10% so the pay gap is necessary (even though it is a myth and doesn't exist)
Part of the financial inequality has to do with expectations of professionalism, too.

My wife has to spend an hour putting on makeup and doing her hair, and spend about $100-150 a month on products that work to do so, or *everyone will ask her all day if she's ok* and she's *not* automatically considered "professional" enough to be the manager she is. People's opinion of her looks, both men and women, strongly affects her career options. Strangers feel comfortable telling her what they think of her makeup or not makeup, because everyone still assumes that a woman's looks are for everyone.

Meanwhile I got promoted to manager wearing goodwill sweaters and five-year-old combat boots. All I have to do is shave and use shampoo.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of the financial inequality has to do with expectations of professionalism, too.

My wife has to spend an hour putting on makeup and doing her hair, and spend about $100-150 a month on products that work to do so, or *everyone will ask her all day if she's ok* and she's *not* automatically considered "professional" enough to be the manager she is. People's opinion of her looks, both men and women, strongly affects her career options. Strangers feel comfortable telling her what they think of her makeup or not makeup, because everyone still assumes that a woman's looks are for everyone.

Meanwhile I got promoted to manager wearing goodwill sweaters and five-year-old combat boots. All I have to do is shave and use shampoo.
1. she loves every minuet of spending that money that she doesnt spend on you
2. she loves every wink she gets from dudes that are bigger than you while you both walk by down the street
3. employers do not promote women cus they look like whores unless your wife looks at a strip club
Old 03-18-2018, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. she loves every minuet of spending that money that she doesnt spend on you
2. she loves every wink she gets from dudes that are bigger than you while you both walk by down the street
3. employers do not promote women cus they look like whores unless your wife looks at a strip club
Look at the single guy telling the married guy about his own wife (because apparently Mick's knowledge that half our species are completely identical to each other trumps Tnair living with his wife) ... while at the same time blatantly ignoring some incredibly obvious truths about our society.

I don't mean for this to be a personal attack, so let me be clear that when I say the word "know" I mean it in a "to know as a real person" sense, not in a "to know them Biblically" sense, but ...

... Mick when was the last time you (really) knew a woman?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Tnair made a good point
Old 03-18-2018, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Are redheads attractive? I'm disgusted by all minorities and generally only liked brunettes, by now I'm into blondes. Trying to figure out these redheads currently plz halp
Old 03-18-2018, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
can we agree that as far as professional presentation goes, perhaps too much is not expected of women but rather too little is expected of men.

go into a law office and try to find me a man wearing a properly tailored suit. you can't. it just won't happen. men dress like absolute trash from mcmanagers all the way up to ceo's. it's even been a trend/meme among west coast tech types trying to parrot steve jobs and bill gates. slovenliness on purpose.

maybe men should start trying again
Know how I know you're gay? You're checking out dudes suits